Thread: CV&RESUME

Jim Gao Guest

CV&RESUME

Jim Gao
    Room 1201, Building 3, Lane 69, Tian Shui Rd.
    Shanghai, 200086
    Phone: 021-56966768
    Mobile Phone:13651803758
    Email: EMAIL REMOVED - Send PM to This User Instead

Summary of Qualification
    1.Possess rich experience in administration field
    2.Solid and extensive knowledge of major
    3.Outstanding academic achievement: Shanghai University first-class scholarships, “ 2003 University Excellent Graduate”
    4.Good command of English both in writing and speaking, passed CET4 and CET6; knowledge of German, intermediate level
    5.Proficient with computer skills: Microsoft Office, Windows 98/2000, Programming and Flash
    6.Strong capacities of organizing, management and planning
    7.Favorable interpersonal communication, team-oriented and work well under pressure
    8.The vice chairman of Institute Student League Union

Education

Sydney Institute of Language and Commerce (SILC), Shanghai University Shanghai, Jia Ding
    Bachelor Degree in International Economic and Trade expected June 2005
    Sydney Institute of Language and Commerce (SILC), Shanghai University Shanghai, Jia Ding
    Diploma of International Trade, June 2003, GPA 3.5
    Tongji University ShanghaiIntensive German language training, gained the certificate of German course in 2000 and 2001

Experience

Shanghai Foreign Investment Service Ltd. Shanghai
    Student intern. Deal with filing, responsible for interpretation and data collection. August 2004 to September 2004
    China Shanghai International Arts Festival Center (CSIAF) Shanghai
    Assistant to the department director. Worked as a volunteer in Exhibition & Performance Department. Responsible for interpretation, reception and exhibition planning. Organized festival forum and responded to foreign guests’ inquiries. Aided the director for the preparation work of performance. August 2003 to November 2003
    Shanghai Hong Kou District Government Shanghai
    Summer internship. Worked in Foreign Investment Department. Handled statistical information and financial data screening. Other duties included filing, word processing, and report writing. Also responsible for organizing student intern activities as the group leader. July 2002 to September 2002

Cover Letter

October 18, 2004

Manager of Human Resources
    Room 2301, Yihai Mansion, Kangding Road
    China Shanghai International Arts Festival Center
    Shanghai, China 200081

Dear Sir or Madam

I am writing to apply for the administrative assistant, which was advertised in Shanghai Daily on Oct 14th. I have enclosed a copy of my resume for your review. I believe that I have the training, experience and qualities that you are looking for.

According to the advertisement, your position requires a bachelor degree or above in Business or Economic field and proficient in management. I feel that I am competent to meet the requirements. I will be graduating from Sydney Institute of Language and Commerce of Shanghai University next year with a bachelor degree . My curriculum have included courses in organizational behavior, business communication and human resource, etc.

During my education, I have grasped the principals of my major and skills of practice. Not only have I passed CET-6, but more important I can communicate with others freely in English. My ability to write and speak English is out of question. Moreover, I have a good command of communication skills which will guarantee me a sound personal relationship. I am confident that my combination of practical work experience and solid educational experience has prepared me for making an immediate contribution to your company.

I would appreciate your time in reviewing my enclosed resume and if there is any additional information you require, please contact me. I would welcome an opportunity to meet with you for a personal interview.

Your Sincerely,

Jim Gao

Room 1201, Building 3, Lane 69, Tian Shui Road
    Shanghai, China, 200086

Tdol is offline Editor, UsingEnglish.com
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Japan
    Post Thanks / Like
    with a M.S. degree
    Is this a Master of Science? If so, I'd write:an MSc
    It should be 'an' anyway because of the sound.

Jim Gao Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tdol
    with a M.S. degree
    Is this a Master of Science? If so, I'd write:an MSc
    It should be 'an' anyway because of the sound.
    Thanks a lot! :D

Post Thanks / Like
    M.S. is quite standard.
    Requires proficiency.
    A sound personal relationship, with who?
    But more importantly.