• Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • China
      • Current Location:
      • China

• Post Thanks / Like

Smile (UK News) Labour of Love: Rubbish collecting

Hello! I read a piece of news from The Daily Mail about a newly-wed couple collected rubbish and gained air miles in a supermarket recycling incentive scheme.

Couple trawl streets for litter for three months and recycle it to pay for their honeymoon flight | Mail Online

Could someone please answer the questions as below for me? Thanks in advance!

(1) Do most Britons sort their household rubbish - recycling and non-recycling?

(2) The couple changed the rubbish they corrected into 3,000 business class flights. Is 3,000 a big money for middle class Britons?

(3) There're some Chinese who make a living for collecting recycling rubbish in the China. And the recycling companies buy those stuff, such as newspapers, cupboard, plastic items, metal items. Are there such people and companies in the UK?

PS: I'll very appreciate if you could correct my words above which sound unnatural or are wrong grammatically? It's just an additional and optional request. It's fine for me if you don't have time.

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: (UK News) Labour of Love: Rubbish collecting

Quote Originally Posted by thedaffodils View Post
    Hello! I read a piece of news from The Daily Mail about a newly-wed couple collected rubbish and gained air miles in a supermarket recycling incentive scheme.

Couple trawl streets for litter for three months and recycle it to pay for their honeymoon flight | Mail Online

Could someone please answer the questions as below for me? Thanks in advance!

(1) Do most Britons sort their household rubbish - recycling and non-recycling? They are being encouraged/bullied into doing this. Many do, many do not. It will also depend on what their local council requires.
    (2) The couple changed the rubbish they collected into 3,000 business class flights. Is 3,000 a big a lot of money for middle class Britons? It's a nice sum of money, and if you get flights costing this much without actually using any of your own money, it's even better!

(3) There're some Chinese who make a living for collecting recycling rubbish in the China no article needed. And the recycling companies buy those that stuff, such as newspapers, cupboard, plastic items, metal items. Are there such people and companies in the UK? Yes, but we ship a great deal of our recycling to China.

PS: I'll very appreciateI would appreciate it if you could correct my words above which sound unnatural or are wrong grammatically. It's just an additional and optional request. It's fine for me if you don't have time.

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • China
      • Current Location:
      • China

• Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: (UK News) Labour of Love: Rubbish collecting

Hello Anglika,