goldone27 is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Please rate my essay!!

rate it from 1 to 10....(10 being best). i am giving toefl and want to improve my english. but i have only 8 days left for my exam. i just came across this site.rate it and please give suggestions if any. thank you!

topic:college years are the best time in persons life

I believe that college years are the best time in persons life.when you are in college you are young and you have enthusiasm to learn new things.you are ready to express yourself to the people.It is different from the school because when we are in school generaly we are not fully independent and most decisions are taken by our parents.But in college we are mature enough to take our decisions and that is the starting of facing the actual world.

In college years we can see actual response or the results of our decision.It is well said that experience is the best teacher, we learn fom our mistakes.in these years you have to interact with lots of people that teaches you how to communicate in the world.At this stage our friends are also plays an important role in our life.good friends guide us and encourage us to do good things.
    the most enjoyable part of the college are the college functions.Here you can show your talent.If you are a good singer then you can take part in compitition and can enjoy fullest.In these years you can share your views with friends, people talk about their futures . you will never forget the trips with your friends.these are realy memorable days in your entire life.

Basically in college you not only learn the things related to your subject but you learn how to live a life,how to tackle problems in life,how to face different situations.so everyone should enjoy these years of life
    and should learn something from it!

Snowhat is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Please rate my essay!!

here are a few corrections to this essay

this is the first version

I believe that college years are the best time in persons life.when you are in college you are young and you have enthusiasm to learn new things.you are ready to express yourself to the people.It is different from the school because when we are in school generally we are not fully independent and most decisions are taken by our parents.But in college we are mature enough to take our decisions and that is the starting of facing the actual world.

In college years we can see actual response or the results of our decision.It is well said that experience is the best teacher, we learn from our mistakes.in these years you have to interact with lots of people that teaches you how to communicate in the world.At this stage our friends are also plays an important role in our life.good friends guide us and encourage us to do good things.
    the most enjoyable part of the college are the college functions.Here you can show your talent.If you are a good singer then you can take part in competition and can enjoy fullest.In these years you can share your views with friends, people talk about their futures . you will never forget the trips with your friends.these are really memorable days in your entire life.

Basically in college you not only learn the things related to your subject but you learn how to live a life,how to tackle problems in life,how to face different situations.so everyone should enjoy these years of life

and this is my corrected version

I believe that college years are the best time in persons life. When you are in college you are young and you have enthusiasm to learn new things. You are ready to express yourself to the people. It is different from the school because when we are in school generally we are not fully independent and most decisions are taken by our parents. But in college we are mature enough to take our decisions and that is the starting of facing the actual world.

In college years we can see actual response or the results of our decision. It is well said that experience is the best teacher, we learn from our mistakes. In these years you have to interact with lots of people that teaches you how to communicate in the world. At this stage our friends are also plays an important role in our life. Good friends guide us and encourage us to do good things.
    The most enjoyable part of the college are the college functions. Here you can show your talent. If you are a good singer then you can take part in competition and can enjoy fullest. In these years you can share your views with friends, people talk about their futures. You will never forget the trips with your friends.these are really memorable days in your entire life.

Basically in college you not only learn the things related to your subject but you learn how to live a life, how to tackle problems in life, and how to face different situations. So everyone should enjoy these years of life

and tab the beginning of each paragraph

there you go

jlinger is offline Senior Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

There are a few errors left to correct, but as a point of style, you don't need to tab in for each paragraph if you put extra space between paragraphs. That is redundant. Do one or the other, not both.

And you never need to indent the first paragraph.

goldone27 is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you very much. but how many marks will you give it out of 10? (10 being best)

Anglika is offline No Longer With Us
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by goldone27 View Post
    Thank you very much. but how many marks will you give it out of 10? (10 being best)
    Not our job! That's for your teacher.

Maluues is offline Junior Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe that college years are the best time in persons life.

I am very irritaed because of this sentence.

Shouldn't the sentence be: I believe that college years the best time in person's lives?

Maybe I have got it wrong?

Coud someone help me?

Best regards Maluues

Anglika is offline No Longer With Us
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maluues View Post
    I believe that college years are the best time in persons life.

I am very irritaed because of this sentence.

Shouldn't the sentence be: I believe that college years the best time in person's lives?

Maybe I have got it wrong?

Coud someone help me?

Best regards Maluues
    It should read either ",..in people's lives" or "...in a person's life".