Unregistered Guest

Smile I have a spelling problem

I need help with my spelling, I keep forgeting words no matter how many times I write them or use them and if I try to memorise them in the old fashon way by writing them down so many times I simply don't know where to start I think that there is some way to keep the spelling in my head other than the old way
    Please help me because I need to improve my spelling in a really short time
    Note: I forger even the simplest words like banana and appel and when ever I write I depend on my sence which most of the timed fails me

and thanks alot for reading all this

MaryTeacher is offline Junior Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Canada
      • Current Location:
      • Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: I have a spelling problem

Hi-

Many people have similar problems with spelling. Don't get discouraged. There are things you can do.

First- it's important to realize that the spelling in English is quite regular, even though there seems to be a lot of exceptions. When you learn the rules, it really helps. (I will try to find you a good link for this.)

Second- you need to use your other senses to help you. Try saying the letters outloud as you write the words, or singing the letters as you spell. Use your finger and write the words on sandpaper, or trace them on your leg. These activities will engage other senses, and this can be helpful.

Here are some links that have suggestions and resources that might be helpful:

www.spellingcity.com

LD OnLine :: Five Guidelines for Learning to Spell and Six Ways to Practice Spelling

Table of Contents

Free Spelling Course

I hope this helps.

Good luck-
    Mary

naomimalan is offline Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: I have a spelling problem

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I need help with my spelling, I keep forgeting words no matter how many times I write them or use them and if I try to memorise them in the old fashon way by writing them down so many times I simply don't know where to start I think that there is some way to keep the spelling in my head other than the old way
    Please help me because I need to improve my spelling in a really short time
    Note: I forger even the simplest words like banana and appel and when ever I write I depend on my sence which most of the timed fails me

and thanks alot for reading all this
    You don't say if your first language is English or not.

If your first language is not English, then MaryTeacher has given you a lot of good advice.

If however your first language is English, you must let us know if this is a recently acquired problem or if you have always had this problem - right from school days. Once you have told us this, we can see what we can do to help you.