Maluues is offline Junior Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Macbeth: Relationship between Macbeth and Lady Macbeth

Hello everyone.

Before my holiday started I was asked to write an essay about the relationship between Macbeth and his wife Lady Macbeth.
    I have written a new essay and would be very grateful if you could correct it.

"Macbeth a play based on treason loyality and knowledge consists of many different characters one unlike the other.
    The protagonist's wife Lady Macbeth is introduced in the fourth scene of the first act in which she reads her husband's letter which tells about Macbeth's meeting with the witches and their prophecy.

Claiming that her husband is far too softhearted , although he appears as a cruel and blood-thirsty person in the first scene of the first act , the
    audience gets the impression of even more cruel wife who embodys some aspects of a witch.
    This picture is underlined by her second soliloquy in which she pleads evil spirits to assist her plan of Duncan's murder and hide her actions from every existing creature including God.

It is not an easy thing to describe the love towards her husband because it is not mere love which connects her to him but even deification.
    Still she wants to influence and control him like a puppeteer his puppet.
    There is one word which describes this situation very well: Domination!

Normally one would say that a person like Macbeth -who is not only Thane of Glamis and Cawdor but shall be King- would hold the upper hand in a relationship but here it is totally different.
    A man and one of Macbeth's position is interrupted and manipulated by a woman.
    This exception has to be based on a total bond between Lady Macbeth and her husband or the weaksness of Macbeth's character.

I know that I would normally have to attest my thesis and my arguements with examples but I am very sleepy right now. So please excuse me.

best wishes

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Macbeth: Relationship between Macbeth and Lady Macbeth

Hello it's me again.
    Since my post two days have already passed by.
    Is there anybody who could just take a quick look at my essay?
    I would be very grateful.

best regards Maluues

Anglika is offline No Longer With Us
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maluues View Post
    Hello everyone.

Before my holiday started I was asked to write an essay about the relationship between Macbeth and his wife Lady Macbeth.
    I have written a new essay and would be very grateful if you could correct it.

"Macbeth,a play based on treason, loyalty and knowledge, consists of many different characters one unlike the other. redundant statement since you have already said "different".

The protagonist's wife Lady Macbeth is introduced in the fourth scene of the first act, in which she reads her husband's letter which tells unnecessary - omit about Macbeth's meeting with the witches and their prophecy.

Claiming that her husband is far too soft-hearted , although he appears as a cruel and blood-thirsty person in the first scene of the first act, the
    audience gets the impression of even more cruel wife a wife who is crueller and who embodies some aspects of a witch. This picture image is underlined by her second soliloquy in which she pleads for evil spirits to assist with her plan for Duncan's murder and to hide her actions from every existing creature including God.

It is not an easy thing to describe the love towards she has for / she shows towards her husband because it is not mere love which connects her to him but even might be described as deification. Still Nevertheless, she wants to influence and control him like a puppeteer his puppet. There is one word which describes this situation very well: Domination!

Normally one would say that a person like Macbeth - who is not only Thane of Glamis and Cawdor but shall will be King - would hold have the upper hand in a relationship but here it is totally different.
    A man and one of Macbeth's position is interrupted and manipulated by a woman. A "non sequitur". Do you mean by this statement: Despite his status and position, he is manipulated by his wife. ? This exception situation has either to be based on a total bond between Lady Macbeth and her husband or arise from the weaksness of a weakness in Macbeth's character.

I know that I would normally have to attest my thesis and my arguements with examples but I am very sleepy right now. So please excuse me.

best wishes
    It will help your argument to insert quotations - when you are less sleepy!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you very much for the correction Anglika :).
    Next time I will definitely insert quotations.

Do you mean by this statement: Despite his status and position, he is manipulated by his wife. ?
    Yes, I do. Therre is one question I would like to ask you Anglika:
    Sometimes you underline expressions and change it inserting another word with the same meaning. For example "This picture image is underlined by her second soliloquy". Are these mistakes just "better" expressions one should use or they definitely mistakes?

Please do not take this question offensive.I really appreciate your corrections and I think this board is somehow better than private lessons but I just want to know why I do this kind of mistakes and how to prevent them.

best wishes
    Last edited by Maluues; 13-Oct-2008 at 09:48.

Anglika is offline No Longer With Us
    Post Thanks / Like

I try to provide either a corrected form, or a better word for the context. My intention is to try and persuade a person to think about what they wrote and how it could be changed, not to tell them what to do. However, where there is no underlined text, it is additions to the sentence that are given to improve syntax or meaning.

Sometimes words that have apparently identical definitions change their meaning within a context. In this case "picture" is not in my view quite the right word, whereas "image" can be an iconic mental representation.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow. I am really impressed.

Seriously I really appreciate your corrections , responds, explanations and whatever is left.
    Thanks for offering us your help and sacrificing your leisure time.
    There is so much I can learn in the future. I hope there will be a time in which I can teach users from all over the world just a small amount of your knowledge.

Thanks!