Thread: TV programmes

• Post Thanks / Like

TV programmes

Hi, could you check my essay? Thank you a lot!

Who decides which TV programmes you and your family watch?
    What are the advantages and disadvantages of having a large number of TV channels to choose from? Do you think that television programmes can influence the way you behave and think?

I do not often watch television since I find it boring and a waste of time. In fact I usually watch television while I’m doing something else, like eating my lunch or my dinner, or surfing the web. For these reasons I don’t care who decides which TV programmes watch, I enjoy every kind of programs except sports ones. When I have lunch with my family we all agree to watch a television news, because I think it’s important to enquire about what happens during the day. In the evening my parents would like to see a TV quiz or a news but I often insist on watching a music programme. So sometimes I decide TV programmes sometimes my parents do. After dinner I rarely spend my time in front of television, but if I want to watch a film with my family, we choose it together. If they didn’t like it, I would go to watch that film in my bedroom.
    Having a large number of TV channels means that you waste a lot of time to see what is on every channel. However, at the same time you have got a great choice and certainly you will find something you like.
    The television is part of many households. Therefore, watching television is a culture of today’s modern society. It is a favourite past-time of many people, and so it obviously influences the way you behave or think: it can be a good or a bad influence. For example documentary programmes, focusing mainly on the ever-changing world, are very educational. They are a ‘window to the world’. By watching them, you can ‘travel’, ‘explore’ and ‘discover’ the four corners of the world. But TV programmes can have a bad influence too. In fact the television of today contains various aspects of society and one of these aspects is violence. Young children learn through imitation and one means by which they gain examples to imitate is television. So exposure to excessive television violence has negative effects on the young people who view it.

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: TV programmes

Quote Originally Posted by Tellthetruth View Post
    Hi, could you check my essay? Thank you a lot!

Who decides which TV programmes you and your family watch?
    What are the advantages and disadvantages of having a large number of TV channels to choose from? Do you think that television programmes can influence the way you behave and think?

I do not often watch television since I find it boring and a waste of time. In fact I usually only watch television while I’m doing something else, like eating my lunch or my dinner, or surfing the web. For these reasons I don’t care who decides which TV programmes to watch, although I enjoy every kind of programs except sports ones. When I have lunch with my family we all agree to watch the news, because I think it’s important to enquire about what happens during the day. In the evening my parents would like to see a TV quiz or the news but I often insist on watching a music programme. So sometimes I decide TV programmes andsometimes my parents do. After dinner I rarely spend my time in front of television, but if I want to watch a film with my family, we choose it together. If they didn’t like it, I would go to watch that film in my bedroom.

Having a large number of TV channels means that you waste a lot of time to see what is on every channel. However, at the same time you have got a great choice and certainly you will find something you like.

The television is part of many households. Therefore, watching television is a culture of today’s modern society a part of modern culture. It is a favourite pastime of many people, and so it obviously influences the way they behave or think; it can be a good or a bad influence. For example documentary programmes, focusing mainly on the ever-changing world, are very educational. They are a ‘window to the world’. By watching them, you can ‘travel’, ‘explore’ and ‘discover’ the four corners of the world. But TV programmes can have a bad influence too. In fact the television of today contains various aspects of society and one of these aspects is violence. Young children learn through imitation and one means by which they gain examples to imitate is television. So exposure to excessive television violence has negative effects on the young people who view it.