• Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: [Fable] Every Pot Has Its Day

Quote Originally Posted by thedaffodils View Post
    Hi BobK,

Thank you for your comment. Terracotta Army is very great.
    I just came across this site: BBC - Radio 4 Terracotta Army - Gallery
    A pretty small 'gallery' - only 4 pics!

b

thedaffodils is offline Key Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • China
      • Current Location:
      • China
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BobK View Post
    I just came across this site: BBC - Radio 4 Terracotta Army - Gallery
    A pretty small 'gallery' - only 4 pics!

b
    Hello BobK,

Thank you for the sharing. I'm happy you are interested in Chinese culture.

A Chinese net pal of mine once travelled to Xi'an where the Terracotta Army locates, and he sent me a lot of beautiful pictures of them via e-mail before. I haven't kept them in my computer.

Qin Shi Huang was a very great legendary emperor but a tyrant as well. Qin was the name of his dynasty; Shi means the first, and Huang means emperor. Yes, he was the first emperor in the Chinese history. Qin Shi Huang is the way we Chinese call him. His first name was Yinzheng.

In China, we usually call Terracotta Army "Terracotta Warriors and Horses" if it is translated literally. It is said Terracotta Warriors and Horses were colourfully painted but they lost their beautiful painting coat soon after unearthing. Still archaeologists daren't unearth all of them because there're still not any technologies to keep them from oxygenation.

Here's the URL link of the website of the museum with English version available. It has been being built so the content is not that desirable.
    Museum of the Terra-cotta Warriors and Horses of Qin shihuang--Beta

You can click "INTRODUCTION, GUIDE, TERRACOTTA ARMY, SERVICES" each for more information.

I wish you had an oppportunity to visit China and see them by yourself in the future.

BobK is offline Harmless drudge
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thedaffodils View Post
    Hello BobK,

Thank you for the sharing. I'm happy you are interested in Chinese culture.

A Chinese net pal of mine once travelled to Xi'an where the Terracotta Army locates, and he sent me a lot of beautiful pictures of them via e-mail before. I haven't kept them in my computer.

Qin Shi Huang was a very great legendary emperor but a tyrant as well. Qin was the name of his dynasty; Shi means the first, and Huang means emperor. Yes, he was the first emperor in the Chinese history. Qin Shi Huang is the way we Chinese call him. His first name was Yinzheng.

In China, we usually call Terracotta Army "Terracotta Warriors and Horses" if it is translated literally. It is said Terracotta Warriors and Horses were colourfully painted but they lost their beautiful painting coat soon after unearthing. Still archaeologists daren't unearth all of them because there're still not any technologies to keep them from oxygenation.

Here's the URL link of the website of the museum with English version available. It has been being built so the content is not that desirable.
    Museum of the Terra-cotta Warriors and Horses of Qin shihuang--Beta

You can click "INTRODUCTION, GUIDE, TERRACOTTA ARMY, SERVICES" each for more information.

I wish you had an oppportunity to visit China and see them by yourself in the future.
    Hope so. 'The world', as they say in Spain, 'is a handkerchief'. We have the expression 'It's a small world', but I prefer the Spanish version.

b

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12