• Home Country:
      • Germany
      • Current Location:
      • Great Britain

• Post Thanks / Like

pleasce check this covering letter

Dear Ms xxx xxx

Application for the position of xxx Marketing Assistant

I was interested to see your advertisement for the position of xxx Marketing Assistant on the homepage of the xxx-Schule.

I finished my education as a foreign language correspondence clerk on this year’s July.
    During this period of time I gained a good command of English especially in the area of correspondence. Furthermore, I could improve my already good IT user skills (MS-Office applications).

I am interested in the work of a xxx Marketing Assistant because I would have the opportunity to realise my organisational expertise and develop it. I am also interested in marketing and promotional activities. I proved to be flexible, reliable and a team player who is able to work under pressure during my previous sideline jobs.

I am hoping to apply my expertise and to demonstrate my dedication to your company. I would be satisfied with the invitation for an interview at which I could introduce myself.

Yours sincerely

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: pleasce check this covering letter

Welcome to the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by GhettoNerd View Post
    Dear Ms xxx xxx

Application for the position of xxx Marketing Assistant

I was interested to see your advertisement for the position of xxx Marketing Assistant on the homepage of the xxx-Schule.

I finished my education as a foreign language correspondence clerk on this year’s July.
    During this period of time I gained a good command of English, especially in the area of correspondence. Furthermore, I could improve improved my already good IT user skills (MS-Office applications).

I am interested in the work of a xxx Marketing Assistant because I would have it would give me the opportunity to realise my organisational expertise and develop it. I am also interested in marketing and promotional activities. I proved to be flexible, reliable and My flexibility and reliability during my previoussideline omit jobs show that I am a team player who is able to work under pressure .

I am hoping to apply my expertise and to demonstrate my dedication to your company. I would be satisfied with the invitation for an interview at which I could introduce myself.

For you information, I am enclosing/attaching my cv. I hope that it will be of interest, and that you will feel my expertise and potential will benefit your company. I am available for interview at any time, and can be contacted [give email address and telephone number(s). I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours sincerely
    I have underlined and given alternatives to your original as the constant use of "I" can give a bad impression.

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • German
      • Home Country:
      • Germany
      • Current Location:
      • Great Britain

• Post Thanks / Like

Alright, thank you very much!

Is the term "sideline job" okay?

I didn't indicate my email address and telephone number in the text because I have indicated it in my Letterhead. Is that okay?

• Post Thanks / Like

"sideline job" - it's not a term that would make much sense. You can have something as a sideline. Were these "sideline jobs" temporary jobs you did while a student? If they are the ones on your cv, then they are simply previous jobs.

As to address and tel. no., no - you don't have to repeat them. Say instead "can be contacted at the above address or telephone number".