Girl_from_Holland is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Help me please(hurry!)

Hello!

Is this correct English, if it isn't PLEASE correct me! I must learn it before tomorrow. A bit late to ask it, i know! But helppp me!:

'' We are adults, we will devide everything. Anna will clean up and I will cook''

''Psycholgies? Wow, I think that's a very difficult education. Where do you want to stuy that?''

''I was thinking about that too. But I have my doubts. How much is a single room?''

''Arhnem and Utrecht are the only two best places where you can study psychologies. ''

''That's a city near Hilversum''

''If I don't pass the exams I would do the year again.''

''It's not a case of life and dead''

''But I get her point. My opinion is that everyone has to get a diploma. There are country's were children are begging for an education. A good education is very important now in this society.''

''I'm going to study Psychologies in Amsterdam''

''It's an intresting study. I want to become a psychologist, and help other people. it gives me a good feeling if I help them with something they can't do alone.''

''I remember that when I was at the primary school I wanted to be a princes. The teacher sad that that was possible If I married a prince.''

''Hmm, the perfect age to get married. 20 or 21. I don't think you should look at the age. I mean, a person from 28 years old can still be a child in his mind. You must have responsibility, and patience in a mariage, And you have to be able to share everything. Like, the kitchen, rooms, bathroom. ''

''I don't want to have kids. I rather adopt them. A little girl from China would be loley.''

''Maybe. I don't know actually. That hole pregnancy is something scary''

''Well, in China they kill children. They have a law there that says one familie only may have one child. And most of the people want a boy.''

''The fact is that most of the people kill there first child or bring it in a ?Childhouse? if it's a girl. So I want to adopt a girl to save here life. Here she has the ability to study.''

'' I dont't know. I'm young so maybe I will change my mind in over a couple of years.''

colloquium is offline Senior Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Help me please(hurry!)

Quote Originally Posted by Girl_from_Holland View Post
    Hello!

Is this correct English, if it isn't PLEASE correct me! I must learn it for tomorrow. A bit late to ask it, i know! But helppp me!:

'' We are adults, we will divide everything. Anna will clean up and I will cook''

''Psychology? Wow, I think that's a very difficult subject. Where do you want to study that?''

Psychology is an uncountable noun.

''I was thinking about that too, but I have my doubts. How much is a single room?''

''Arhnem and Utrecht are the two best places to study psychology. ''

If something is "the best" (superlative) then it is being measured against something else. In this sentence you speak of the two best schools, but then state that they're the only two schools: this sounds strange; what are they the best psychology schools in relation to if they're the only schools which offer courses in psychology? Perhaps you just mean the only two good schools. Either use only two good schools or remove the only (I've made another modification too).

Without context it's hard to say if this is appropriate but it's certainly grammatical.

''If I don't pass the exams I will have to do the year again.''

''It's not a case of life and death''

''But I get her point. My opinion is that everyone has to get a diploma. There are countries where children are begging for an education. A good education is very important now in this society.''

''I'm going to study Psychology in Amsterdam''

''It's an intresting study. I want to become a psychologist, and help other people. it gives me a good feeling if I help them with something they can't do alone.''

''I remember that when I was at the primary school I wanted to be a princes. The teacher said that that could be possible If I married a prince.''

''Hmm, the perfect age to get married: 20 or 21. I don't think you should look at the age. I mean, a person from 28 years old can still be a child in his mind. You must have responsibility, and patience in a marriage, and you have to be able to share everything. Like the kitchen, rooms and bathroom. ''

''I don't want to have kids. I rather adopt them. A little girl from China would be lovely.''

''Maybe. I don't know actually. That whole pregnancy is something scary''

Not sure about this one. More context?

''Well, in China they kill children. They have a law there that says each family may only have one child, and most families want a boy.''

''The fact is that most of the people kill there first child or take it to an orphanage (?) if it's a girl. So I want to adopt a girl to save her life. Here she has the ability to study.''

'' I dont't know. I'm young so maybe I will change my mind in a couple of years.''
    They might not be perfect but they're better.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh thank you soooooooooooooooooooooooo much! :D

Not sure about this one. More context?
    ''I don't want to have kids. I rather adopt them. A little girl from China would be lovely.''
    ''But why adopting? Don't you want a child of your one?

I don't know or I say it good but: I have tomorrow a dialog so I have to talk. So I think it's more important to say it good and in the right order.

I forgot this one :$:
    ''If I learn good and go to school every day, I think I will pass the exams.''

Thanks a lot!

Post Thanks / Like

UP!

Is this one correct:
    ''If I learn good and go to school every day, I think I will pass the exams.''

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Help me please! (hurry)

{Not a teacher}
    That's quite a list! Fortunately there aren't many mistakes.

'' We are adults, we will divide everything. Anna will clean up and I will cook''

''Psychology? Wow, I think that's a very difficult education. Where do you want to study that?''

''I was thinking about that too. But I have my doubts. How much is a single room?''

''Arhnem and Utrecht are the two best places where you can study psychology. ''

''If I don't pass the exams I would have to do the year again.''

''It's not a case of life and death''

''But I get her point. My opinion is that everyone has to get a diploma. There are countries where children are begging for an education. A good education is very important now in this society.''

''I'm going to study Psychology in Amsterdam''

''It's an interesting study. I want to become a psychologist, and help other people. It gives me a good feeling if I help them with something they can't do alone.''

''I remember that when I was at the primary school I wanted to be a princess. The teacher said that that was possible if I married a prince.'' [The underlined "that"s are not really necessary, but not incorrect][Also, "in primary school" would be the more usual expression.]

''Hmm, the perfect age to get married. 20 or 21. I don't think you should look at the age. I mean, a person 28 years old can still be a child in his mind. You must have responsibility, and patience in a marriage, and you have to be able to share everything. Like, the kitchen, rooms, bathroom. ''

''I don't want to have kids. I'd rather adopt them. A little girl from China would be lovely.'' [The "I'd" here is a contraction of "I would", conditional.]

''Well, in China they kill children. They have a law there that says one family may have only one child. And most of the people want a boy.''

''The fact is that most of the people kill their first child or bring it to an orphanage if it's a girl. So I want to adopt a girl to save her life. Here she has the ability to study.''

'' I don't know. I'm young so maybe I will change my mind in a couple of years.''
    Last edited by peterbireland; 23-Oct-2008 at 23:07.

Anglika is offline No Longer With Us
    Post Thanks / Like

If I learn my lessons well ...

Post Thanks / Like

''But why adopting? Don't you want a child of your own?"