Post Thanks / Like

Default Resignation letter -HELP

Sir / Ma'am,
    Pls. help me edit my resignation letter. I want to exit gracefully. Pls help me with this. If you can add to it. much better..Thank you so much.

Tentative:

Sir,

I have accepted an offer with another firm ( or I; leaving my work as aa HR Personnel- " I just don't want them to know that I found a job elsewhere, - i will feel guilty..what will i say??? what will i do if my boss ask me where i am transfering? I really dont want to tell him because the new company is one of my old company competitiors!!.pls help me on this aspect.))) and have decided to tender my resignation as of today. My last day will be on November 15. This decision has nothing to do with the exceptional opportunity you have provided for me here. You and the company have been more than fair with me, and I genuinely appreciate all your support.
    I wish HRDT continued success, and I want to thank you for allowing me to be a part of your team. Please feel free to contact me at any time if I can be of further assistance in helping with a smooth transition.

Sincerely,

Bobby Sung

susiedqq is offline Key Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Resignation letter -HELP

I recommend that you keep the written resignation short and business-like. No need to say why or where you are going after this. In any discussions, you can elaborate, but I would not tell them that you are going to work for the competition. Just say that you have another opportunity. And smile and thank them!

Sir,

Please accept my resignation as of today, effective November 15, 2009.

I appreciate the exceptional opportunity you have provided for me here. You and the company have been more than fair with me, and I genuinely value all your support.

I wish HRDT continued success, and I want to thank you for allowing me to be a part of your team. Please feel free to contact me at any time if I can be of further assistance in helping with a smooth transition.