• Native Language:
      • Polish
      • Home Country:
      • Poland
      • Current Location:
      • UK
    Post Thanks / Like

Default How does it sound and

could you find any mistakes, please? I am starting being an IT site moderator and want to say hi to IT students.

Hello all students and VLC members!

I remember these days when I joined XXX as a student and everything was so new to me. In time I was able to figure everything out though thanks to this forum where everyone can ask a question if in doubt. As you know, recently, I have started helping others as I know how it feels when you begin something new and need assistance very badly. It's been always a pleasure for me to be able to help everyone on this forum by responding to your queries. Now I am going to carry on doing it as XXX has given me an opportunity to be a VLC moderator. So feel free to PM me any time you want and post questions on our forum which I will be replying to as soon as possible. If I cannot help by my own, rest assured, your queries will me transfered to XXX administrators who know best how to find a solution your problems.

Best regards to all of you!
    XXXX

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: How does it sound and

Quote Originally Posted by banderas View Post
    could you find any mistakes, please? I am starting being an IT site moderator and want to say hi to IT students.

Hello all students and VLC members!

I remember these days when I joined XXX as a student and everything was so new to me. During that time I was able to figure everything out though thanks to this forum where everyone can ask a question if in doubt. As you know, recently, I have started helping others as I know how it feels when you begin something new and need assistance very badly. It's been always a pleasure for me to be able to help everyone on this forum by responding to your queries. Now I am going to carry on doing it as XXX. This has given me an opportunity to be a VLC moderator. So feel free to PM me any time you want and post questions on our forum, I try to reply you as soon as possible. If I cannot help by my own, rest assured, your queries will me transferred to XXX administrators who know best how to solve your problems.

Best regards to all of you!
    XXXX
    Hi,

This is a nice message. Congratulations.

My problem is "I want to add "I am not a teacher" at the end of my messages", but I have not known how to deal with it. Please tell me how I can

I am not a teacher

Raymott is offline VIP Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Australia
      • Current Location:
      • Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LeUyenHoc View Post

My problem is "I want to add "I am not a teacher" at the end of my messages", but I have not known how to deal with it. Please tell me how I can

I am not a teacher
    You can't set up a sigfile on this site. You have to type it manually each time, or make a macro, or something similar.

Post Thanks / Like

I remember the days when I first joined XXX as a student and everything was so new to me. In time, I was able to figure everything out, though(omit) thanks to this forum, where anyone can ask a question if in doubt. As you know, recently, I have(omit) started helping others as I know how it feels when you begin something new and need assistance very badly. It's always been a pleasure for me to be able to help everyone in this forum by responding to your queries. Now I am going to carry on doing so, as XXX has given me the opportunity to be a VLC moderator. So, feel free to PM me any time you want and post questions on our forum, and I will be replying to them as soon as possible. If I cannot help you myself, rest assured, your queries will be referred to XXX administrators who know how best to find a solution to your problems.

(If you say, they 'know best how', it implies you're a poor substitute - you'll try, but they know best. If you write, 'know how best to find a solution', you are not denigrating your own efforts, but assuring forum members that if you can't find an answer, they will.)
    Last edited by David L.; 27-Oct-2008 at 17:12.

banderas is offline Key Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • Polish
      • Home Country:
      • Poland
      • Current Location:
      • UK
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by David L. View Post
    I remember the days when I first joined XXX as a student and everything was so new to me. In time, I was able to figure everything out, though(omit) thanks to this forum, where anyone can ask a question if in doubt. As you know, recently, I have(omit) started helping others as I know how it feels when you begin something new and need assistance very badly. It's always been a pleasure for me to be able to help everyone in this forum by responding to your queries. Now I am going to carry on doing so, as XXX has given me the opportunity to be a VLC moderator. So, feel free to PM me any time you want and post questions on our forum, and I will be replying to them as soon as possible. If I cannot help you myself, rest assured, your queries will be referred to XXX administrators who know how best to find a solution to your problems.

(If you say, they 'know best how', it implies you're a poor substitute - you'll try, but they know best. If you write, 'know how best to find a solution', you are not denigrating your own efforts, but assuring forum members that if you can't find an answer, they will.)
    You are great, David! Thank you!