Post Thanks / Like

Default Please proofread these few sentences.

Just made some sentnces with some new phrases I have learnt recently. Thanks for your help~

Our plan had fell through nothing but by his recent poor performance. He just couldn't work up enthusiasm. I had tried to sit down with him to discuss the problem on three occasions but he hadn't opened up and found himself no guilty of slacking off! If his next task isn't improved, I am going to tell on him! And I will shut the door in his face when he beg for being excusd.

Two young men had a dream fell into their laps when they found a marking scheme of tomorrow History test in the Professor's cupboard. At first, what cross their mind is sharing it with classmates, but refrained from doing it because they worried some snitchers may turn them in. So, they decided to keep classmates and professor all in the dark and write all the answers down as quick as possible before their professor came back.
    Last edited by redgiant; 31-Oct-2008 at 20:23.

Raymott is offline VIP Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Australia
      • Current Location:
      • Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Please proofread these few sentences.

Quote Originally Posted by redgiant View Post
    just made some sentnces with some new phrases i have learnt recently. Thanks for your help~

our plan had fallen through, noting by his recent poor performance. He just couldn't work up any enthusiasm. I had tried to sit down with him to discuss the problem on three occasions but he hadn't opened up and found himself not guilty of slacking off! If his next task isn't improved, i am going to tell him off! And i will shut the door in his face when he begs to be excused.

Two young men had a dream fall into their laps when they found a marking scheme for tomorrow's history test in the professor's cupboard. At first, what crossed their mind was sharing it with classmates, but they refrained from doing so because they worried that some snitchers may turn them in. So, they decided to keep classmates and professor all in the dark and write all the answers down as quickly as possible before their professor came back.
    r.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Raymott View Post
    r.
    Thanks
    If I want to say the plan had fallen through just because of his recent performance, what is the better way to say in this context?

Raymott is offline VIP Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Australia
      • Current Location:
      • Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by redgiant View Post
    Thanks
    If I want to say the plan had fallen through just because of his recent performance, what is the better way to say in this context?

Well, I don't know what the plan was. But I guess it was something like that he would become a great performer. Hopes might be better; your hopes for him.
    "We could tell that our plan of having a great performer as a son had fallen through, judging by his last few performances.
    "We could tell from his last few performances that our hopes/plans might not be realised".
    "We had been losing our hopes for him since his mediocre performances during his last few concerts"

You see, if he had been performing in front of assessors for a position at a famous school, and you knew he was not up to standard, you could say:
    "We knew from his last few performances that the plan had fallen through".

There's lots and lots of difference ways of saying things. They all depend on the total context.