Post Thanks / Like

Post correction, please

Humanism
    Humanism is an eurpoean intellectual movement started in the 14th century and spread in the 15th and the 16th century. It is a breaking point with the dark (middle) ages of proclaimed barbarism. It has a great intellectual change about life. This movement stemmed from the rediscovery by the eurpean scholars of the latin and greek texts. Its main belief is the God created the universe, so human industralizes it.

It exposed the dignity and predictability of human life.Previously, the church controlled every aspect of rule over people. Humanism believes that government and religion should be separate. Placing actual reason for the revelation brought by the church which the popular has followed. The idea of life has changed from being on contious moral struggle to find redemption in the end. Moreover, One could find his own happiness and solve his own problems also.

Raymott is offline VIP Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Australia
      • Current Location:
      • Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: correction, please

Quote Originally Posted by lineofhope View Post
    Humanism
    Humanism is a European intellectual movement started in the 14th century and spread in the 15th and the 16th century. It is a breaking point with the dark (middle) ages of proclaimed barbarism. It has a great intellectual change about life. This movement stemmed from the rediscovery by the European scholars of the Latin and Greek texts. Its main belief is the God created the universe, so humans industrialize it. [I don't understand this sentence]. The main belief of humanism is not about God, but about humans.

It exposed the dignity and predictabilityof human life. Previously, the Church controlled every aspect of life of the people. Humanism believes that government and religion should be separate. Humanism replaced the revelation brought by the church which had been popular, with the use of actual reason. The idea of life has changed from being one continuous moral struggle to find redemption in the end, to one in which people could find their own happiness and solve their own problems too.
    suggest delete the underlined. add the blue
    I fixed the obvious grammatical errors where I could; and rewrote where I couldn't.

R

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Raymott View Post
    Its main belief is the God created the universe, so human industralizes it.
    not excatly about god but I mean ... Man industrialize the universe, and can interfere into fate ... as he controls his own life.

Raymott is offline VIP Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Australia
      • Current Location:
      • Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lineofhope View Post
    not excatly about god but I mean ... Man industrialize the universe, and can interfere into fate ... as he controls his own life.
    Humanists do/did not necessarily believe in a God, though to avoid persecution in those days, many would say they did.

You could say:
    Its main belief was that, although God might have created the universe, it was humans that must take responsibility for developing it. Or something similar to that.