• Burmese
      • Home Country:
      • Myanmar
      • Current Location:
      • Myanmar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Setting and environment

Dear Teacher,

I am a community worker work in the field of preventing HIV and AIDS. In this field I now face with the following paragraph. It is about Behavior Change Communication (BCC).

Effective BCC should encourage community and national discussions on the underlying factors that contribute to the epidemic, such as risk behaviors, risk settings and the environments that create these conditions. BCC should create a demand for information and services, and should spur action for reducing risk, vulnerability and stigma.

Here, I don't know what are the differences between risk settings and environment. Could you please explain from the point of "English language"?

Regards,
    Si Thu

Anglika is offline No Longer With Us
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Setting and environment

Quote Originally Posted by Si Thu View Post
    Dear Teacher,

I am a community worker work in the field of preventing HIV and AIDS. In this field I now face with the following paragraph. It is about Behavior Change Communication (BCC).

Effective BCC should encourage community and national discussions on the underlying factors that contribute to the epidemic, such as risk behaviors, risk settings and the environments that create these conditions. BCC should create a demand for information and services, and should spur action for reducing risk, vulnerability and stigma.

Here, I don't know what are the differences between risk settings and environment. Could you please explain from the point of "English language"?

Regards,
    Si Thu
    It would seem to be far more specific - that the setting in which the actions take place is one that itself is a risk. "Environment" on its own does not say that.