colloquium is offline Senior Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Teaching in Barcelona

So I've just got my CELTA qualification, and now I want out of the UK: ASAP!

I am thinking of going to Barcelona where I hear there is lots of work at this time of the year.

I am happy to just go for it, get on a plane and see what happens, but I do have some concerns about accommodation and general living in a foreign country.

Does anyone have any (general) advice, for a rather naive travelling teacher, about moving to Barcelona to teach?

Regards

ruthzamorag is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Teaching in Barcelona

Hi, I live in Barcelona. I can tell you it is a fantastic place to live, but I was born here... English teachers are always welcome here, there is plenty of work for you, specially if you are ready to teach small groups in different companies (bussiness men and women) I have some English friends who teach here and they are not planning to go back to England.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Teaching in Barcelona

it's always good experience to work or teach abroad. 3 years might be a good interval to change your job.

colloquium is offline Senior Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Teaching in Barcelona

Quote Originally Posted by ruthzamorag View Post
    Hi, I live in Barcelona. I can tell you it is a fantastic place to live, but I was born here... English teachers are always welcome here, there is plenty of work for you, specially if you are ready to teach small groups in different companies (bussiness men and women) I have some English friends who teach here and they are not planning to go back to England.
    Excellent! Muchas gracias for the words of confidence. I shall be arriving during early January to look for work and try to make enough money to live in Barcelona. I am looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by coachdevelop View Post
    it's always good experience to work or teach abroad. 3 years might be a good interval to change your job.
    It is definately good experience (although I cannot yet say that from experience and that is a major driving factor. I should be able to quickly develop as a teacher, learn a second language, and just enjoy a big change.

I need a break from the UK. Especially as winter is now fully here