MacPod is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Can someone please help me shorten my analysis to about 200 words?

Ford TV Commercial "Smash, flash, splash" Commentary

Automaker Ford Motors has partnered with software giant Microsoft to integrate a new technology called SYNC into their line-up of vehicles. This technology allows any mobile phone or iPod to be plugged into the vehicle and operate the device(s) using voice commands. A commercial from the series of ads made, called "Smash, flash, splash" has captured my attention the most. As I watch the commercial, I ask myself: What kind of audiences is the advertisement targeting, would you remember this commercial after watching it and what makes the commercial successful/unsuccessful?

Whod be interested in this technology? To me, I personally think that it fits in with a younger generation. Most young people who drive would be interested because they could just use their voice to control their phone, iPod or the radio. All the people in the commercial portray the younger generation.

Would I remember the commercial out of all of the other ads Ive seen because it was more controversial or exciting than the others? Without a doubt, I would remember it because the idea/story is interpreted very well. Its straight to the point and has awesome examples. To me, I think that is what makes a commercial enjoyable.

The commercial uses the elements and principals of design very well. Good contrast, variety, unity and emphasis on the composition, lettering and environments makes the audience remember what idea it is implying. There are spectacular camera angles especially during the part when the person undresses and there are shots from the outside and inside house. Id try to get celebrities to play the roles because they are the type of people whod usually have the high-tech gear, thus, making the ad even more effective.

In no doubt, I bought the idea of this ad. I would make my life easier by adding on the SYNC technology. This commercial target the younger generation and the idea/story are exceptionally interpreted and straight to the point. The elements and principals of design are used effectively. This commercial is impressively persuasive and proficient.

Anglika is offline No Longer With Us
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Can someone please help me shorten my analysis to about 200 words?

Welcome to the Forums

Quote Originally Posted by MacPod View Post
    Ford TV Commercial – "Smash, flash, splash" – Commentary

Automaker Ford Motors has partnered with software giant Microsoft to integrate a new technology called SYNC into their line-up of vehicles. This technology allows any mobile phone or iPod to be plugged into the vehicle and operate the device(s) using voice commands. A commercial from the series of ads made, called "Smash, flash, splash" has captured my attention the most. As I watch the commercial, I ask myself: What kind of audiences is the advertisement targeting, would you remember this commercial after watching it and what makes the commercial successful/unsuccessful?

Who’d be interested in this technology? To me, I personally think that it fits in with a younger generation. Most young people who drive would be interested because they could just use their voice to control their phone, iPod or the radio. All the people in the commercial portray the younger generation.

Would I remember the commercial out of all of the other ads I’ve seen because it was more controversial or exciting than the others? Without a doubt, I would remember it because the idea/story is interpreted very well. It’s straight to the point and has awesome examples. To me, I think that is what makes a commercial enjoyable.

The commercial uses the elements and principals of design very well. Good contrast, variety, unity and emphasis on the composition, lettering and environments makes the audience remember what idea it is implying. There are spectacular camera angles especially during the part when the person undresses and there are shots from the outside and inside house. I’d try to get celebrities to play the roles because they are the type of people who’d usually have the high-tech gear, thus, making the ad even more effective.

In no doubt, I bought the idea of this ad. I would make my life easier by adding on the SYNC technology. This commercial targets the younger generation and the idea/story are exceptionally interpreted and straight to the point. The elements and principals of design are used effectively. This commercial is impressively persuasive and proficient.
    The bold parts are the essential core of the text. Try bringing them together into one piece.