apples101 is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Advice how to score 7 &up on writing test (IELTS-Academic)

Hi,

I hope someone here can help me out. I have taken the IELTS-Academic test twice already, but I always fail on the Writing part. we are required to score 7 on writing in order to pass but I always get 6. I really wonder what's wrong with my task 1 &2... Does anyone here took and passed the Writing test of IELTS? Can you please advice me how to score 7 and above? Badly need your help. thanks.

Tdol is offline Editor, UsingEnglish.com
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Advice how to score 7 &up on writing test (IELTS-Academic)

Could you post a sample?

apples101 is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Mr. Tdol for your response. Anyway here's the sample of my writing essay.

Some people think that human needs for farmland, housing, and industry are more important than saving land for endangered animals. Do you agree or disagree with this point of view? Why or why not?
    Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

It is claimed that the basic necessity such as housing and properties should be provided primarily than reserving a place for endangered species. This essay will discuss on which needs should be prioritized first.

Animals are important to human race. They provide medicine, food, clothing, and even friendship to some. Extinction from animals can disrupt the normal balance of nature that is why preserving them is very important. They should be given an exclusive place to stay where they can live harmoniously and multiply safely. This will serve as a safe haven for them, abundant in resources and free from harm.

However, human lives are top priorities. People need shelter just as he/she needs food and clothing. The population of the world is rapidly increasing almost everyday and so landed properties are important for them to have a place to stay. Moreover, there are people who use lands for their source of income. Farmers and breeders need a large area of field where they can plant, sow, or raise domestic animals. Rice fields, Tree planting, commercialized buildings, and subdivisions are only some of the use of lands that is needed for human consumption.

It is true that endangered species are to be taken care of, but I agree that human needs must come first. People are way greater in population than of the endangered animals so lands are needed by humans more. Saving a place for animals near extinction would be great but should be regulated in size and area so there can still be ample space for people to use

Post Thanks / Like

Drink some milk, read articles, news everyday and last and least important read the questions carefully when writting ur answer, take your time before ur write, plan ur essay first and then start. hope it helps

Tdol is offline Editor, UsingEnglish.com
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

OK, my first comment is that I think it is too general as the question asks for specific examples, which I take to mean of real cases where humanities housing needs encroach on an endangered animal. You do mention rice fields- could you have developed that point? I am not sure what you are referring to exactly, though.