gx90t is offline Junior Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default A Letter to Nepal

can you correct the letter below?

Dear Maria,
    I'm Georgina and i haven't written to you since a lot of years but today i was talking with a friens about you and your new life in Nepal and we decided to write you for knowing any piece of news about you!
    here,in Bologna,is always the same adventure:you need fourty minutes for reaching the city centre beacause of the normal traffic jam,the normal life continues without particular problems and my love for travelling is non-stop (I'm thinking about Nepal as my future trip too)!
    How is the life in Nepal going on?

I'm writing to know better the situation in Nepal and the possibility I have to visit it with a friend, George. you remember George,don't you?
    She asked me in a letter for more information about the hard work you have to cope with daily.
    Furthermore, she would like to know the age of the volunteers that as you are there. You know that we aren't good walkers,so much then one we have tought in asking you if, for example, you can reach Annapurna.

I know that I'm asking you for answering a lot of questions, but I really don't know anything, neither about the food is eaten there, what clothes I have to take with me and if it is worth going.
    Ireally hope that you can answer me soon, beause i'm really exited in knowing how is there.
    I send you my best wishes!

thedaffodils is offline Key Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • China
      • Current Location:
      • China
    Post Thanks / Like

Default re: A Letter to Nepal

Quote Originally Posted by gx90t View Post
    can you correct the letter below?

Dear Maria,
    I'm Georgina and i haven't written to you since a lot of years but today i was talking with a friens about you and your new life in Nepal and we decided to write you for knowing any piece of news about you!
    here,in Bologna,is always the same adventure:you need fourty minutes for reaching the city centre beacause of the normal traffic jam,the normal life continues without particular problems and my love for travelling is non-stop (I'm thinking about Nepal as my future trip too)!
    How is the life in Nepal going on?

I'm writing to know better the situation in Nepal and the possibility I have to visit it with a friend, George. you remember George,don't you?
    She asked me in a letter for more information about the hard work you have to cope with daily.
    Furthermore, she would like to know the age of the volunteers that as you are there. You know that we aren't good walkers,so much then one we have tought in asking you if, for example, you can reach Annapurna.

I know that I'm asking you for answering a lot of questions, but I really don't know anything, neither about the food is eaten there, what clothes I have to take with me and if it is worth going.
    Ireally hope that you can answer me soon, beause i'm really exited in knowing how is there.
    I send you my best wishes!
    Hi!

#1 The word of "I" should be always capitalised.

#2 Except for I, the other words which I highlighted in red are misspelt.

#3 Leave a line space between two paragraphs.

#4. The first word in each paragragh should be always capitalised.
    Last edited by thedaffodils; 06-Nov-2008 at 22:03.

RonBee is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: A Letter to Nepal

Quote Originally Posted by gx90t View Post
    Dear Maria,
    I'm Georgina and i haven't written to you since a lot of years
    Say:
    I'm Georgina, and I haven't written to you for a long time.
    Is your name not going to be in the return address section of the letter or on the envelope? Are you telling the person something they don't already know?