Is it "leek soup" ??1. Before I began my work at the bank, I couldn’t even have _____ how much money some people have.
2. The old aunt was very kind and _____ her nephew with enough money so that he could support himself while he completed his university studies.
3. Tomorrow I will call around and _____ about the day-care facilities here.
4. The doctor _____ the test results carefully before giving his final diagnosis to the patient.
5. The prison Ken was put in had cells for solitary _____ .
6. Yesterday at school I _____ my bag of cookies for Jenny’s chocolate milk.
7. We sent our dog to _____ classes so he would learn to sit and stay when we told him to.
8. When her boyfriend suddenly broke up with her, Rachel felt completely _____ .
9. When I bumped into Jimmy after not having seen him for three years, all my old feelings about him began to _____ .
10. Betty was so overworked she was _____of a physical breakdown.
11. I gave Rebecca _____ instructions not to feed the cat anything other than catfood.
12. Grandma is so old and _____ that she has trouble getting in and out of bed.
13. We knew we had mice when we found a _____ of their droppings in the laundry room.
14, I was _____ with anger when I found out Harold had cheated on me.
15. Coffee and meek soup _____ the main diet of the prison inmates.
The answers are :
1-conceived or "believed"
4-surveyed studied OR analysed
6-swap for swapped
- For Teachers