Post Thanks / Like

Please help me to revise my resume

Dear terchers,

I think there must be some errors and Chinglish in my resume. It would be very nice if you could help me to revise it or give some advice.

Thank you in advance.

===============================================

Runbabyrun Lin

Mobile: xxxxxxxxxxxx; Tel: xxxxxxxxxxxx;

OBJECTIVE

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS

About 3-year experience in different sections of the xxxxxxx industry, including technology, management and marketing. High overall quality proved by a successful record of penetrating a saturated market. The spirit of enterprise demonstrated by my always acceptance of challenges of new roles in work. Capability and eagerness for learning manifested by my fast growth from a novice to an expert with more-than-100-thousand-word experience of technical translation and writing within less than 2 years. An excellent computer user with a professional degree and practical experience of programming. A competent English user.

PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE

XXXX Enterprise Ltd., XXXXXX, Apr 2006 - May 2007
    Pathological Product vice-Manager
    Set up the xxxxxxx Product Department, including equipping the lab, establishing technical regulations, market investigation, as well as salesmen recruit and training (as one of the 3 main members).
    Brought the first 13 customers (hospitals), and created sales of about xxx,xxx RMB within 5 month (as the principal leader).
    Organized several academically promotional activities in Fujian, Guangdong and Hubei (as the responsible person).
    Translated and wrote technical and publicity materials (more than 30 thousand words).
    Provided technical assistance for product registration.

XXXXX XXXXXXX Development Co., Ltd., Jul 2004 - Apr 2006
    Assistant to GM (Mar 2005 - Apr 2006)
    Organized several national academically promotional activities (as the main coordinator).
    Coordinated several cooperative technical programs with hospitals or universities (having some fruits pressed in domestic top academic journals)
    Provided technical assistance for product registration.
    Worked as the main leader while project implementation of the Management Information System (MIS)
    Translated, wrote and maintained technical materials (more than 50 thousand words)
    Calculated and distributed staff's bonuses in production and technical departments monthly.
    Laboratory Technician (Jul 2004 - Mar 2005)
    Operated the QC experiments for xxxxxxxxxxxxx and xxxxxxxxxxxxx products.
    Translated, wrote and maintained technical materials (more than 30 thousand words).
    Technical Support.

Education

XXXX University, Bachelor of Science, xxxxxxxxx, 2004
    XXXX University, Bachelor of Engineering (second degree), Computer Science and Technology, 2005

SKILLS

English level: competent user, CET-6 (528), IELTS (6.5)
    Frequent user of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint; familiar with VBA and C++ programming

HOBBIES

A lover and playmaker of basketball.
    Last edited by runbabyrun; 09-Nov-2008 at 19:15.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Please help me to revise my resume

Hello, teachers:

The following is my cover letter. I do need your help!

===============================

Dear Sir/Madam:

Your job listing, posted on xxxxxxx.com, for ... caught my attention. I'm confident my experience, education and individual abilities will make me a competitive candidate for this position.

The key strengths that I possess for success in this position include, but are not limited to, the following:

1. Comprehensive experience. I started as an lab technician, and then was involved in management, and engaged in marketing afterwards. The first company I worked for (xxxx) was a leader of the xxxxxxxxx product industry having the largest domestic market share. My second employer (xxxxxxxx) was a new entrant to that market. I don't think most of employees of the xxxxxxx industry have such comprehensive experience, which makes me understand the market more profoundly.

2. Experience of penetrating a saturated market. I brought the first 13 customers (hospitals) for the xxxxxxxxx Product Department of xxxxxxxx, and created sales of about xxx,xxx RMB within 5 month. Although such sales might be nothing to speak of for some big companies like yours, I think it may be one of the most difficult things to break into a saturated market and what I've achieved can manifest my high quality as an salesman.

3. The spirit of enterprise and the capability for learning. xxxxxxxxxxxx and xxxxxxxxxxxxx techniques require much expertise. I grew fast from a novice to an expert with more-than-100-thousand-word experience of technical translation and writing within less than 2 years. Furthermore, I've changed my job role twice, and I show my competence every time. I believe these facts have demonstrated my spirit of enterprise and capability for learning.

In addition, I have a second degree in computer science and technology. I'm familiar with VBA and C++ programming, let alone common office software, and some of the programs I developed are still in use in my previous companies. I was the responsible person of the project implementation of the Management Information System (MIS) in xxxxxx company. My IELTS score (6.5) shows that I'm a competent English user.

Strictly speaking, the xxxxxx product industry, which I served in, is not exactly the same as the xxxxxx industry. But I believe their similarities are much more than differences and my precedent experience will be immensely profitable if I win your position.

I really hope that you'll find my experience intriguing enough to warrant a face-to-face meeting. Looking forward to your reply.

The attached is my resume.

Yours sincerely,
    xxxxxx xxx

Mobile: xxxxxxxxxxxxx; Tel: xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Email: EMAIL REMOVED - Send PM to This User Instead