• Native Language:
      • Cambodian
      • Home Country:
      • Cambodia
      • Current Location:
      • Cambodia
    Post Thanks / Like

Angry Help me Distinguise these question

I am going to apply for Global Undergraduate Exchange Program for FY 2009.

The Question is that:
    Please describe yourself and write a clear and detailed description of your academic objectives and the reasons why you wish to pursue them in the USA. Discuss your goals both in terms of your field of study and your own personal development. Describe the type of program you wish to pursue in the USA and how it relates to your academic background and interests and your objectives for the future.

Please find out about the academic objective, goals of study, and academic interest?

I cannot distinguish among the three.

Actually I am applying as a sociology student, and the academic interest is sociology of law, politic, and social problem.

I intend to apply for international relationship for I understand how important law is and how khmer worker outside Cambodia have been treated unfairly and badly. Moreover, being a sociology student, my goal is to see other people live happy, play some role to solve the society problem and help eliminate the social unrest problem. ALl in all is to see develpment in cambodia.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Help me Distinguise these question

Hmm. I would imagine that the phrases mean the following:

Academic Objective
    I think this relates to what level of education you want to obtain from the institution you are applying to. This might be a Bachelor of Science or Arts (probably Science in the case of Sociology), a Master's or a PhD.

Goals of Study
    This is asking what you want to gain from your studies from the institution. These could be increased knowledge, personal growth, useful job skills, information you can take back to Cambodia, or other such things. You want to be as broad as possible to show the institution that you have a wide range of goals and interests.

Academic Interest
    This is probably Sociology for you. You would need to specify what parts of Sociology appeal to you and why. You might also want to include other academic areas that you are interested in and why to show the institution that you are a broad-minded person.

You will probably want to wait and see if anyone else answers your questions, so you have multiple opinions. This is obviously very important for you!