You can try this, event though we have very little info regarding your previous business:Originally Posted by Unregistered
1. It is with sincere regret that I must inform you about the termination of my previous business that I was successfully ablke to run for...20/30 years...(mention the name of the business from which others know you).
2. I would mention the reason why the other business is not in operation any more ( mention only the positive...you are expanding, looking for serving your clients better, you are financially independent and growing ( as opposed to closing down due to bankrupcy or something of that sort - a no brainer, of course ).
3. Mention things about your clients and how important they have been in building your buisness together with you.
4. Apologize for the inconvenience of having to close down your previous place for a while.
5. Invite them to join you in your new venture to be as successful as before.Throw in a lot of excitement and welcome.
That would be my version, even though you will find plenty of business letter templates on the web as well.
- For Teachers