• Pakistan
      • Current Location:
      • United Arab Emirates
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Is this letter ok?

Is this letter ok?

Sub: Losartan Potassium USP from Vasudha Pharma India

Dear Mr. ABC,

We are pleased to inform you that your sample of above mentioned raw material has been chemically approved by our Quality Control Department.

We required 500 Grams Losarton Potassium along with its Certificate of Analysis to manufacture small batch to conduct stability test before going into regular import at an early date.

Thanks & regards

Shanz

jlinger is offline Senior Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Is this letter ok?

If it is an informal memo, then the "style" isn't so important. However, to use a proper style, the "Sub" line should probably read "Subject:" or "Re:" and follows the salutation. (Yes, that seems odd, but true.)

Your second sentence is unclear. You say "required" - was that a prerequisite to the testing procedure? In which case, why tell him about it now; he has passed the test. If you mean that you need more of the substance before you can proceed, then you need to say "We require an additional 500 grams...." [Grams, by the way, is not a proper noun and should not be capitalized in this sentence.]

Then the "... manufacture small batch to conduct stability test before going into regular import at an early date" might be more clearly stated as "... manufacture a small batch to conduct a stability test before we are able to go into regular import."

Your sign-off of "Thanks & regards" is very informal, and therefore inconsistent with the Dear Mr in the salutation. I would suggest, "Yours truly," (and it does call for a comma).

If you want to add a polite filler, then insert another sentence, such as "Thank you for your attention to this request." or the like, before the "Yours truly" line.

moniza is offline Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Tamil
      • Home Country:
      • France
      • Current Location:
      • France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shanz View Post
    Is this letter ok?

Sub: Losartan Potassium USP from Vasudha Pharma India

Dear Mr. ABC,

We are pleased to inform you that your sample of above mentioned raw material has been chemically approved by our Quality Control Department.

We required 500 Grams Losarton Potassium along with its Certificate of Analysis to manufacture small batch to conduct stability test before going into regular import at an early date.

Thanks & regards

Shanz
    Good

not a teacher

shanz is offline VIP Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Urdu
      • Home Country:
      • Pakistan
      • Current Location:
      • United Arab Emirates
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jlinger View Post
    If it is an informal memo, then the "style" isn't so important. However, to use a proper style, the "Sub" line should probably read "Subject:" or "Re:" and follows the salutation. (Yes, that seems odd, but true.)

Your second sentence is unclear. You say "required" - was that a prerequisite to the testing procedure? In which case, why tell him about it now; he has passed the test. If you mean that you need more of the substance before you can proceed, then you need to say "We require an additional 500 grams...." [Grams, by the way, is not a proper noun and should not be capitalized in this sentence.]

Then the "... manufacture small batch to conduct stability test before going into regular import at an early date" might be more clearly stated as "... manufacture a small batch to conduct a stability test before we are able to go into regular import."

Your sign-off of "Thanks & regards" is very informal, and therefore inconsistent with the Dear Mr in the salutation. I would suggest, "Yours truly," (and it does call for a comma).

If you want to add a polite filler, then insert another sentence, such as "Thank you for your attention to this request." or the like, before the "Yours truly" line.
    This is regarding your comment in bold. I want to send this letter through an email. In this case, I think, I can write the subject in the space provided for subject in emails.

And thanks for rephrasing the sentences to make it more clear : - )

jlinger is offline Senior Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, you should use that sentence in the Subject line on an e-mail. I'm sorry I missed that point, if you had said that.

Also, it is important to note that e-mail is never considered as formal, so rules are bent easily!