• Native Language:
      • Punjabi
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Politics article>>Kinldy check for grammar

All of us blame politician for every bad thing in the system. We have a general perception about politicians, they are corrupt and worthless. But we the citizen of this country need to do introspection ourselves. Nowadays nobody caste the vote, but vote a caste. If a candidate belongs to a particular community, sect or ethnic group, then the people of respective community, sect or ethnic group vote only that candidate. They won’t see if that candidate is capable of been a true and honest leader of masses, he might has different criminal cases against him but still they will vote for him. We need to up our psychological ante, and think in boarder sense. There should be no place of regional chauvinism in the society

jlinger is offline Senior Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Politics article>>Kinldy check for grammar

All of us blame politician [politicians] for every bad thing in the system. We have a general perception about politicians, [either replace the comma with a colon, or add the word "that" after the comma] they are corrupt and worthless. But we [need a comma here]the citizen[s] of this country [and a comma here] need to do introspection ourselves [try: "need to look inside ourselves."]. Nowadays nobody caste the vote, but vote a caste. [nice turn of phrase, but it doesn't quite work. Try: "We don't cast a vote, but vote a caste."] If a candidate belongs to a particular community, sect or ethnic group, then the people of [that] respective community, sect or ethnic group vote only [for] that candidate. They won’t see [rather: "care"] if that candidate is capable of been [should be "being"] a true and honest leader of masses [either "of the masses" or delete entirely; "honest leader" is sufficient], [Need a period or semicolon here, not a comma] he might has [have] different [delete "different" or replace with "several"] criminal cases against him but still they will vote for him. We need to up our psychological ante, and think in [a]boarder [sp: broader] sense. There should be no place of [replace with "for"] regional chauvinism in the society [period/full stop]

new2grammar is offline Senior Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Punjabi
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jlinger View Post
    All of us blame politician [politicians] for every bad thing in the system. We have a general perception about politicians, [either replace the comma with a colon, or add the word "that" after the comma] they are corrupt and worthless. But we [need a comma here]the citizen[s] of this country [and a comma here] need to do introspection ourselves [try: "need to look inside ourselves."]. Nowadays nobody caste the vote, but vote a caste. [nice turn of phrase, but it doesn't quite work. Try: "We don't cast a vote, but vote a caste."] If a candidate belongs to a particular community, sect or ethnic group, then the people of [that] respective community, sect or ethnic group vote only [for] that candidate. They won’t see [rather: "care"] if that candidate is capable of been [should be "being"] a true and honest leader of masses [either "of the masses" or delete entirely; "honest leader" is sufficient], [Need a period or semicolon here, not a comma] he might has [have] different [delete "different" or replace with "several"] criminal cases against him but still they will vote for him. We need to up our psychological ante, and think in [a]boarder [sp: broader] sense. There should be no place of [replace with "for"] regional chauvinism in the society [period/full stop]
    Thanks a ton for explaining my mistakes in details...

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

My pleasure! I enjoyed reading your essay.

new2grammar is offline Senior Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Punjabi
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jlinger View Post
    My pleasure! I enjoyed reading your essay.
    I had made it a habit to write on any topic and post it on the forum, so i should know where i am wrong. I want to improve my grammar, as i do comment asilly mistakes very often that you would have noticed reading my above essay or while reading this post, may be. I need kind help of members like you on this forums. Thanks again! Have a nice day

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

This is certainly the best way to learn, to try, and then study the corrections. And don't expect to remember all the corrections the first time, either. Try again, make some of the same errors, encourage more corrections, and eventually, you will be making fewer and fewer errors.

May a point out a couple here?

Quote Originally Posted by new2grammar View Post
    I had [we can talk about perfects and imperfects and all that stuff but the easiest thing to remember is that had is past / have is present; if you say you had made, then we are talking about something in the past that is not necessarily still in effect. You want to say you have made, to show that you are currently abiding by that habit] made it a habit to write on any topic and post it on the forum, so i [please capitalize I] should know where i [!] am wrong. I want to improve my grammar, as i [!] do comment asilly [commit silly] mistakes very often that you would have noticed reading my above essay or while reading this post, may be [maybe].I need [the] kind help of members like you on this forums. [forum, singular] Thanks again! Have a nice day