Untchie is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Post motivation Letter for an exchange prgm: is it correct?

Dear Mrs. Straesser,

My name is Melissa Alvarez and I am a third year student of Bachelor Human Geography at the University of Amsterdam in The Netherlands. I would like to take part in an exchange programme at the Universidad de Las Americas in Mexico for a period of 5 months.

At the Universidad de Las Americas there is course available which focuses on the influences of western cultures upon the culture of Mexico itself. I think that this course is very interesting and it suits my desire to build a certain perspective of non- western cultures perfectly.

The main reason why I want to go to Mexico is because I want to acknowledge a better non-western culture perspective during my study years of Human Geography. The western culture-perspective is one of the most known and common perspectives, and it is being used by many academics of Western countries. I am keenly interested in acquiring more knowledge in a non-western culture perspective, because it is not very popular among Western countries. Furthermore, I am seriously considering working in a non-western country or a developing country after I acquire my Masters degree of Human Geography.

Mexico is my first choice as a foreign country for the exchange programme, because fellow students have spoken very highly of this country in consideration with foreign study experiences. I always hoped to gain more knowledge about the Mexican culture and the culture in Central American countries and that is why I think the exchange programme will be perfect and it completes my desire.

I truly hope that I could take part in the exchange programme to Mexico in 2009, during the first semester of the third year of Bachelor of Human Geography.

I enclose a curriculum vitae and a list of my recent grades. Thank you for your attention and I hope to hear from you soon.

Yours sincerely,

Searching for language is offline Senior Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • German
      • Home Country:
      • Germany
      • Current Location:
      • Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: motivation Letter for an exchange prgm: is it correct?

I don't understand why you are posting this on a website about using English when you wish to go to Mexico. Shouldn't this question be posed on a Spanish speaking site? Or am I missing something here?

Anglika is offline No Longer With Us
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Searching for language View Post
    I don't understand why you are posting this on a website about using English when you wish to go to Mexico. Shouldn't this question be posed on a Spanish speaking site? Or am I missing something here?
    #

It will be an exercise in writing letters.

Anglika is offline No Longer With Us
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Untchie View Post
    Dear Mrs. Straesser,

My name is Melissa Alvarez and I am a third year student of Bachelor taking a bachelor's degree in Human Geography at the University of Amsterdam in The Netherlands. I would like to take part in an exchange programme at the Universidad de Las Americas in Mexico for a period of 5 months.

At the Universidad de Las Americas there is a course available which focuses on the influences of western cultures upon the culture of Mexico itself. I think that this course is very interesting and it suits my desire to build a certain perspective of non-western cultures perfectly.

The main reason that I want to go to Mexico is because I want to acknowledge acquire a better non-western culture perspective during my study years of Human Geography[omit] The western culture-perspective is one of the most known and common perspectives, and it is being used by many academics of Western countries. I am keenly interested in acquiring more knowledge in a non-western culture perspective, because it is not very popular in Western countries. Furthermore, I am seriously considering working in a non-western country or a developing country after I acquire have completed my degree in Human Geography.

Mexico is my first choice as a foreign country [omit] for the exchange programme, because fellow students have spoken very highly of this country in consideration with relation to foreign study experiences. I always hoped to gain more knowledge about the Mexican culture and the culture in Central American countries and that is why I think the exchange programme will be perfect and it completes my desire [omit].

I truly hope that I could take part in the exchange programme to Mexico in 2009, during the first semester of the third year of Bachelor of Human Geography. [omit]

I enclose a curriculum vitae and a list of my recent grades. Thank you for your attention and I hope to hear from you soon.

Yours sincerely,
    You are not clear as to what degree you are in fact taking - is it a first degree or a post-graduate degree?