A friend of mine had these sentences marked as gramatically incorrect, but I`m dubious, can an expert give their opinon please. It was an exercise to give the correct tense of the verb.
1) If it wasn`t for your help I wouldn`t have passed. ( teacher changed wasn`t for to hadn`t been).
2) No one saw me when I walked into the village. (marked incorrect but no alternative given)
3) You worry too much about things lately. (marked incorrect but no alternative given)
I know there are alternative tenses but are the given ones ones really wrong??
Thanks in advance.
Thanks you so much for your help and reply.
Sorry, but what's the problem with #2 as written?
If I'm writing about my need to sneak into the village (to rescue the princess from the evil king, perhaps) there's nothing wrong about saying my entrance was unnoticed.
With #3, I'd suggest "you've been worrying too much" as the alternative.
I rather prefer in # 3) you`ve been worrying , but glad it`s agreed that simple present is ok too!!
2) You both agree that it`s fine.
1) The typical mix up between was and were.
Thank you all so much. Great to have different opinions.