• Indonesian
      • Home Country:
      • Indonesia
      • Current Location:
      • Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Conference call - how to

Dear teachers and fellow friends,

I would be grateful if you guys can share some experience and guide how to handle a conference call. I just attend my first conference call today. Im feeling quite nervous but I have to face it.

Me : Hi everybody, Im Hampeh from Network Team. How are you guys doing?

Abu : Hey Hampeh, Abu speaking here, we are just fine, but we need your assistance to check the connection from Network A to Network B.
    Me : Sure Abu, can you give me some details. The IP Address of Network A and Network B so I can check is there any traffic go thru from both sites.
    Abu : Ok. The ip address of A is 10.10.10.10 and B is 10.10.20.20
    Me : Hang on. Let me check it first

Any idea or better scenario. For your information, Im working as a technical support in IT firm whereby I have to support clients worldwide. Thanks guys in advance

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Conference call - how to

Looks good, just Id suggest some minor changes:

"The IP Address of Network A and Network B so I can check is there any traffic go thru from both sites," should be changed to, "Ill need the the IP Address of Network A and Network B so I can check the connection between the sites."

and,

"Hang on. Let me check it first," can be changed to, "Hang on, please, and Ill check them now..."

Youre using some very native word choices, though

hampeh is offline Junior Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Indonesian
      • Home Country:
      • Indonesia
      • Current Location:
      • Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Conference call - how to

Thanks Calinative for your reply. I really appreciate that.

Youre using some very native word choices, though
    Haha...it probably because most of my collegues using them. Maybe I get used to it. I did a few correction based on the comments received and put another dialog. Hopefully you guys can help me ... Maybe to create another situation especially something that related to my daily works. Thanks again :)

Me : Hi everybody, Im Hampeh from Network Team. How are you guys doing?

Abu : Hey Hampeh, Abu speaking here, we are just fine, but we need your assistance to check the connection from Network A to Network B.

Me : Sure Abu, can you give me some details. I'll need the IP Address of Network A and Network B so I can check the connection between the sites.

Abu : Ok. The ip address of A is 10.10.10.10 and B is 10.10.20.20

Me : Hang on please, and I'll check them now.
    (After a few minutes, I couldn't find any traffic going thru from the source ip address 10.10.10.10 and destination ip address 10.10.20.20. So I need Abu to do some testing to make sure that the connection is working fine)

Me : Hey Abu, can you do a ping to the ip address 10.10.20.20. Currently, I cannot see any traffic going thru it.

Abu : Sure. Hold on. I'll do a ping test right now from my pc. The ip address of my pc is 10.10.10.5