michael-day is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Need HELP for recommendation letters

I need some help for my two recommendation letters,Can anyone who is on line now help me?thank you in advance!
    sample 1:
    To Whom It May Be Concern:

As the Chief of National Key Laboratory of Composite Technology in Extreme Environments, I have had the pleasure of knowing XXX for his great performance in research in the last two years when he was a master student in our center. He has been a tremendous student and an asset to our center. I would like to take this opportunity to recommend XXX for your Ph.D. program.

I feel confident that he will continue to succeed in his further studies. Mr.X is a dedicated and hard-working student and has been admired by other people for his wide range of courses in a variety of fields to study. In master courses, he is self-motivated and has achieved exceptional academic performance. Two of the top Graduate Fellowships are the direct results of his hard work in courses and innovations in research have brought him the Johnson Electric Special Scholarship.

Mr.X has also assisted us in our research projects. She has successfully demonstrated leadership ability and talented solutions in the research activities. He often coordinated projects involving numerous people, and his ability to work collaboratively while guiding the project quickly and effectively was outstanding. As I know, he has developed a kind of data analysis software which simplifies and increases the efficiency of our teamwork. His advice has been a great help to other researchers, many of whom have taken time to share their comments with me regarding his pleasant and encouraging attitude.

Mr.X is an industrious, talent, and self-motivated young man. He is keen on scientific researches and I believe that he is able to achieve greater success. It is for these reasons that I offer high recommendations for XXX without reservation. His drive and abilities will truly be an asset to your establishment. If you have any questions regarding this recommendation, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,

sample 2

I would like to take an opportunity to offer a formal recommendation for XXX.Until just recently, I have been Mr.Xís supervisor for several years and I am familiar with his performance as a masterís student at Harbin Institute of Technology (HIT). I understand that Mr.X is applying for the Ph.D. program at your university and feel that he is a deserving candidate for this program.

Mr. Xís academic performance and research achievement are truly exceptional. His overall GPA ranked top 9 in his class of 20 students at HIT. As I know, he has learned most of his masterís courses by himself. He was not only excellent in coursesí learning, but also knew how to accomplish research tasks effectively and innovatively. In the research experiments, sorts of problems were solved by Mr.X using variety of solutions which are always not employed in the field of material science. That is an appreciated ability. For instance, being not in major of computer science, he developed a software program to analyze mountains of information and data obtained from the experiments. It is uncanny. Based on his rich experiments, Mr.X helped me compose series of papers and one paper finished by him was published in the national conference. Additional, a Chinese Patent for novel materials in solar cell was completed with collaborative work between Mr.X and other members in our group. For his outstanding academic and research performance, he has obtained First-Class Fellowship in his first master year. In the next year, he ranked top 1 in the second master yearís assessment in Overall Performance Scholarship. After that, he was awarded Johnson Electric Special Scholarship which is only awarded to the top 1 competitive graduate master student majors in material science.

Mr.X has a strong leadership and outstanding organizational skills. When he was a sophomore man, he led a dedicated and motivated team focused on development of networking applications. They have been honored for their works from most people of HIT. He is able to successfully complete multiple tasks with favorable results despite deadline pressure. As a research assistant in my laboratory, he not only ensured the research projectís completion but also passed the master courses. He makes sure that all the tasksí success by excellent abilities that his friends both admired and respected.

MR.X is also a deligent, talent and self-motivated young man. He has already accomplished much in the face of considerable challenge. He has worked hard on his favorite research tasks and always can do a super job. But more importantly, he was able to accomplish a distinguished paper as well as carry out a cooperative research plan. He is a self-motivated man. He eager to acquire more cultural wisdom through his research experiences in both China and France. He wants to expand his knowledge and enlarge his horizon further, eventually using them to provide cultural and commercial ties globally.

To conclude, I would like to restate my strong recommendation for XXX.If you have any further questions regarding MR.Daiís ability or this recommendation, please do not hesitate to contact me using the information below.

Sincerely

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Need HELP for recommendation letters

To Whom It May Be Concern: (it is not polite, i think Dear sir or madam is ok)

As the Chief of National Key Laboratory of Composite Technology in Extreme Environments, I have had the pleasure of knowing XXX for his great performance in research in ( for is better, because you use"have had") the last two years when he was a master student in our center.

He has been a tremendous student and an asset to our center. I would like to take this opportunity to recommend XXX for your Ph.D. program.
    I feel confident that he will continue to succeed in his further studies. Mr.X is a dedicated and hard-working student and has been admired by other people for his wide range of courses in a variety of fields to study.( maybe there is some wrong) In master courses, he is self-motivated and has achieved exceptional academic performance. Two of the top Graduate Fellowships are the direct results of his hard work in courses and innovations in research have brought him the Johnson Electric Special Scholarship.

Mr.X has also assisted us in our research projects. She (or he? you use she in the second paragragh) has successfully demonstrated leadership ability and talented solutions in the research activities. He often coordinated projects involving numerous people, and his ability to work collaboratively while guiding the project quickly and effectively was outstanding.(
    As I know, he has developed a kind of data analysis software which simplifies and increases the efficiency of our teamwork. His advice has been a great help to other researchers, many of whom have taken time to share their comments with me regarding his pleasant and encouraging attitude.