Post Thanks / Like

Default pls help me! a letter to professor

Dear Professor yyy,
    My name is xxx. Dr. zzz, my friend and alumnus, has recommended me to contact you and show my strong interest to conduct my Ph.D studies in your group.
    I have visited your homepage on the internet and read your papers. The multidisciplinary research of conducting polymers in your group greatly arouses my interest. I hope I can have an opportunity to do some research in design and synthesis of regioregular polythiophenes and its industrial use with you in the future.
    I believe that I would be able to succeed and contribute significantly in the Ph. D. program (I will make a big contribution and succeed in the Ph. D. program) because B.S and M.S study have bestowed me a solid academic foundation and hands-on research experience in organic & polymer chemistry. My first research focused on synthesis and characterization of 2-amino-5-methyl phenolic acid, an intermediate for anticancer medicine raltitrexed. This research work led to a Chinese patent. Then my work concentrated on photosensitive composition for lithographic plate, which mainly consists of photoactive compound (PAC) and binder. I synthesized and evaluated a series of new PACs including diazonaphthaquinone chloride and diazo resin, and a series of new binders including modified polyvinyl alcohol and polyacrylic resin. Some of them had applicant value and accomplished pilot tests. This research work led to four Chinese journal papers.
    I am also a person with strong ability of collaboration across disciplines, problem-solving and innovative leadership. As one of three outstanding winning teams from 5th National College Student Business Plan Competition, together with my teammates, I have been invited to present our technology innovation in the final of the Intel+ UC Berkeley Technology Entrepreneurship Challenge, at the University of California, Berkeley.
    However, I could not download some of your publications: Thiazolothiazole-thiophene copolymers for printable organic field-effect transistors, American Chemical Society, 2008, 49, (2), 658 and olecular engineering of N-alkyl dithieno[3,2-b:2',3'-d]pyrroles-based copolymers for different applications, American Chemical Society, 2008, 49, (2), 632. I would greatly appreciate it if you can send them to me.
    Thank you very much for your consideration. I am looking forward to hearing form you in the near future.
    Best wishes,

Yours, xxx

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: pls help me! a letter to professor

i am waiting for your sugestion on line!
    thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: pls help me! a letter to professor

need you help. maybe i should post my letter in Grammer section