email to a boss for change in leave time

Status
Not open for further replies.

rima7462

Member Type
Student or Learner
Hi,

I have to write an email to my boss, about the change in time of my leave.
Can anyone please help me in writing a polite email which has
1. apology for changing the time of my leave
2. mentions I will not be reachable ?

Thanks,
Rima

thedaffodils

Key Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Hi Rima,

Judging from your writing above, I think your English is good. I'd would like to suggest that you can try your best to write it by yourself first, and then post it up for the comments of other forum members'.

If you have any problems about the writing, such as format, please specify your questions clearly. We're happy to be of assistance.:-D

rima7462

Member Type
Student or Learner
alright here it goes.

Hi xyz,

There is a change in the time I would be unavialble in office it is from 1-3 instead of 12-1.
Sorry about the earlier time communicated.

Regards,
rima

thedaffodils

Key Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
alright here it goes.

Hi xyz,

There is a change in the time I would be unavialble in office it is from 1-3 instead of 12-1.
Sorry about the earlier time communicated.

Regards,
rima

Here's my two cents.

1. I wouldn't write "hi xyz" as a salutation to my boss. I prefer to write "Dear Xyz (Given name)" or "Dear Mr/Ms. Smith".

2. If I were you, I would like to explain why I have to change the dates when he has granted you a leave. A reasonable excuse would have your boss's understanding.

3. What dates are 1-3? I would like to wirte the form as Nov. 1st to 3.

4. You will be unavailable. Use "future tense" but not "past future tense".

5. Do you think you should just apologise for the change of dates? He might will have an important assignment for you. I would say "I am very sorry for the change and your inconvenience."

Dear Xyz,

I am writing to tell you that I will be unavailable from Dec.1 to 3 but not Dec. 5 to 7 the dates that you have agreed on. I have to change it because.... Please grant my request about this.

I am very sorry for the change and your inconvenience.

Best regards,

Your name (Capitise the first letter)

Last edited:

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
Here's my two cents.

1. I wouldn't write "hi xyz" as a salutation to my boss. I prefer to write "Dear Xyz (Given name)" or "Dear Mr/Ms. Smith".

2. If I were you, I would like to explain why I have to change the dates when he has granted you a leave. A reasonable excuse would have your boss's understanding.

3. What dates are 1-3? I would like to wirte the form as Nov. 1st to 3.

4. You will be unavailable. Use "future tense" but not "past future tense".

5. Do you think you should just apologise for the change of dates? He might will have an important assignment for you. I would say "I am very sorry for the change and your inconvenience."

Dear Xyz,

I am writing to tell you that I will be unavailable from Dec.1 to 3 but not Dec. 5 to 7 the dates that you have agreed on. I have to change it because.... Please grant my request about this.

I am very sorry for the change and your inconvenience.

Best regards,

Your name (Capitise the first letter)
hi daffodils,
By 1-3 instead of 12-1, she means she wants a change from taking a break between 1pm and 3pm every day to 12 noon to 1pm every day.
Otherwise, your advise is good.

rima,
The exact phrasing would depend on whether you already have the job; how confident you are that your boss will agree to the request, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.