- For Teachers
I have developed a proficiency test for Ielts students. It aims at testing students speaking skills and their knowledge and vocabulary of English language.
Ielts students aiming for a degree abroad.
The topic is motivating and encourages students to speak, caters to their interest.
The objectives is testing students speaking skills.
Time: 40 minutes
Marks: 50 marks
Part one: 4-5 minutes. 10 marks
The examiner asks the candidate her/his name, where they come from, what they do and other familiar topics.
- Do you have any hobbies or interests? What are they?
- What’s your idea of having a good time?
- Do you enjoy traveling during your holidays?
- What is it about traveling that you enjoy the most?
Part two: 3-4 (including 1 minute preparation time) 10 marks
- You will have to talk about the topic for 1-2 minutes.
- You have one minute to think about what you are going to say.
- You can make some notes to help you if you wish.
Describe your favourite hill resort.
- Name the place
- Where it is
- Explain what is the place like
- What is it about that place, you particularly enjoy.
Part 3: 4-5 minutes. 20 marks
Prepare a short presentation explaining to passenger,
- Imagine that you are a guide on a short coach tour for tourists to your favourite holiday destination in Pakistan.
- What they are going to see.
- Recommending what they should visit on their own
- Give reasons for your recommendations..
Part 4: 20 minutes. 10 marks
Present an argument of about 200-250 words on the following topic.
How does tourism contribute in strengthening your country’s economy? What measures can be taken to improve the facilities provided to the tourists?