GsPoT is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation The Bad Boy of Chinatown

I was the consummate bad boy of Chinatown. I was a disappointment to my hardworking, caring parents. I was a trial to school officials who saw me only 30 days out of one school year. Even the men in blue failed to get me up the stairs into the school building. Then along came a 5 5 - 98 pound girl who changed my life. Sabrina, an A student at Leadership High School wasnt interested in a loser. I thought life on the street was best for me, till I met someone who cared about school.

As a junior in high school with virtually no credits suddenly I had a reason to succeed. I decided to turn my life around and go back to school. I began enjoying the feeling of success and learning for the sake of learning. Thank goodness there are second chances in life, as my junior and senior grades far outweighed my lack of grades from freshman and sophomore year. Suddenly I went from not even showing up to winning an award for AEHS Economic High Achievement and being honored for my stellar grades. I became proud of being able to come from a state of failing to the status of an A student. This gave hope to my parents because they were the ones who were most hurt from by my excessive absences. They had held on for this very moment.

My improvement has been significant and Im proud that I was able to bounce back from failure. I now understand that school is my number one priority and not the streets. Adults and peers have praised me for what I have been able to accomplish. Being able to come from a state of no credit to the point of being able to graduate on time has convinced me that Im not willing to be a failure.

During my comeback I began to work in management companies like Berdon LLP. Ive been with them for almost 2 years and have learned the many aspects of managing a company especially in helping the company to make a profit. These two successes of being able to come back from failure and being able to start my business management portfolio have continued to inspire me. Managing a company is like managing life. I was able to succeed in getting my life straight, but also was able to experience what goes on in the outside world and the things that lay ahead.

Now Im filling out college applications something I thought Id never be able to do, thanks to my inspiration, Sabrina.
    Last edited by GsPoT; 14-Dec-2008 at 18:42. Reason: New title

GsPoT is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Can someone help me proofread this.

no one can help me proofread this?

RonBee is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GsPoT View Post
    I was the consummate bad boy of Chinatown. I was a disappointment to my hardworking, caring parents.
    The consummate bad boy of Chinatown, I was a disappointment to my hardworking, caring parents.
    See?

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Default re: The Bad Boy of Chinatown

You have (I hope) read several of the threads in this forum. What have you found to be the most useful piece of advice?

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

During my comeback I began to work in management companies like Berdon LLP.

I went to work for Berdon LLP.
    Managing a company is like managing a life.
    Rewrite the essay so it is something you would want to read.