Thread: Cover letter

daniroz84 Guest

Exclamation Cover letter

I am not a teacher. This is a cover letter I am working on and I was hoping I could get some pointers:

December 15, 2008

XXX White
    News Director
    XXX
    One Television Place
    XXXXX, XX XXXXX
    EMAIL REMOVED - Send PM to This User Instead

Dear Mr. White,

This letter is regarding the XXX Producer position. I understand that you are the person to contact. I have come to realize that every thought, every action and every decision I have made is influenced by the subtle and not so subtle methods of mass media. Television and film have captured my interest for this reason. My education coupled with my professional experience provides me with a solid foundation for a career producing relevant news content. I would be a great contributor to the production and creative services necessary for quality news programming. Television is not just a form of entertainment, but a way to communicate with everyday people.

While at the University of Colorado I gained a voracious appetite for information. Subsequently, I secured admittance to two extraordinarily ambitious Bachelor degree programs in journalism and film. I chose the direction of journalism and filmmaking because multi-media allow me to see life experience through the people and places that make life exceptional. Through these skilled efforts, I value my ability to communicate with others and I find nothing more powerful than the potential people have to impart cultural mores and ideas across any boundary.

My production position with WCCB/Fox Charlotte and past internships provide me with common sense approach to the production of commercial television. The producers and directors I have worked with have given me a strong understanding of the power of media and my role in production, writing and producing. I try to learn something new with every opportunity. I know it takes many hours in such an intensive field, and my attached resume shows that I am capable of producing quality work under stressful conditions.

Thank you for your time and consideration. If you need further information, please contact me at (XXX) XXX-XXX or by email at EMAIL REMOVED - Send PM to This User Instead. I look forward to speaking with you in the near future.

Sincerely,

XXX

tedtmc is offline Key Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Interested in Language
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • Malaysia
      • Current Location:
      • Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Cover letter

I am not a teacher either. I have some suggestions to make (in red):

Dear Mr. White,

(An official letter should have a title eg. Position of XXX in XXX)

This letter is regarding the XXX Producer position.(state this in the title of your letter) I understand that you are the person to contact. I have come to realize that every thought, every action and every decision I have made is influenced by the subtle and not so subtle methods of mass media. Television and film have captured my interest for this reason. My education coupled with my professional experience provides (provide)me with a solid foundation for a career (in) producing relevant news content. I would be a great contributor to the production and creative services necessary for quality news programming. Television is not just a form of entertainment, but a way to communicate with everyday people(the public).

While at the University of Colorado I gained a voracious appetite for information. Subsequently, I secured admittance to two extraordinarily ambitious Bachelor degree programs in journalism and film. I chose the direction of journalism and filmmaking because multi-media allow me to see life experience through the people and places that make life exceptional. Through these skilled efforts, I value my ability to communicate with others and I find nothing more powerful than the potential people have to impart cultural mores and ideas across any boundary.

My production position with WCCB/Fox Charlotte and past internships provide (have provided) me with common sense approach to the production of commercial television. The producers and directors I have worked with have given me a strong understanding of the power of media and my role in production, writing and producing. I try to learn something new with every opportunity. I know it takes many hours in such an intensive field, and my attached resume shows that I am capable of producing quality work under stressful conditions.

Thank you for your time and consideration. If you need further information, please contact me at (XXX) XXX-XXX or by email at EMAIL REMOVED - Send PM to This User Instead. I look forward to speaking with you in the near future.

Sincerely,

XXX

CV enclosed?