• Post Thanks / Like

Talking CELTA help please

Hello happy people,

I took the CELTA course a couple of years but I have not made use of the course . Now I would like to get into the English teaching profession, however I no longer have any of my CELTA materials. I know I could do the refresher course but currently I am in Kolkata, India which doesn't provide CELTA.

I am wondering if anyone could help me with any materials, files or websites-PREFERABLY CELTA TYPES.

Thanks heaps!

Ronald
    Last edited by ronaaldo; 15-Dec-2008 at 03:46.

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: CELTA help please

Quote Originally Posted by ronaaldo View Post
    Hello happy people,

I have taken the CELTA course a couple of years but I have not made use of the course
    . Now I would like to get into the English teaching profession, however I no longer have any of my CELTA materials. I know I could do the refresher course but currently I am in Kolkata, India which doesn't provide CELTA.

I am wonder if anyone could help me with any materials, files or websites-PREFERABLY CELTA TYPES.

Thanks heaps!

Ronald
    Ronald,

Your mistakes may be accounted for as the product of quick and careless typing; nonetheless, the misuse of the present perfect tense in your first sentence is a glaring mistake.

My point could seem overly critical, but this is of an English language website.

• Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by colloquium View Post
    Ronald,

Your mistakes may be accounted for as the product of quick and careless typing; nonetheless, the misuse of the present perfect tense in your first sentence is a glaring mistake.

My point could seem overly critical, but this is of an English language website.
    Thanks for pointing that out. I realise my mistake now. It's most humbling to know that despite having been using the English language for the past eighteen years, one still stumbles and trips occasionally- English is my second language. I am a grammar Nazi, I guess there are always bigger Nazis out there. LOL...

• Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ronaaldo View Post
    Thanks for pointing that out. I realise my mistake now. It's most humbling to know that despite having been using the English language for the past eighteen years, one still stumbles and trips occasionally- English is my second language. I am a grammar Nazi, I guess there are always bigger Nazis out there. LOL...
    I assumed it was nothing more than an overlooked mistake.

This website has quite a lot of stuff for teachers:

Onestopenglish | Welcome to onestopenglish

• Post Thanks / Like

Thank you... : )