Unregistered Guest

Wink Translation, possibly wrong?

How wrong is this? And could somebody help me fix the mistakes in it?

A black woman hasting away with two children behind her. A white man wearing an Armani suit tries manoeuvring past a young Latin American girl who stops suddenly to tie her laces. She turns around and in Spanish excuses. An Asian woman leaves the deli store hands in hands with her black boyfriend when suddenly a beggar imposes on them. He asks them in broken English and with an east European accent for a dime. Walking about in New York is as travelling around the globe. Skin colours, languages and clothes blends into one great hotchpotch gives one an contemporary description of New York with all its colourful streets and quarters provides an extract of the World.

How do I hate translations ;)

Nahualli Guest

Re: Translation, possibly wrong?

Yes, that translation is awful. Let me see if I can clean it up a bit for you.

"A black woman hasting away with two children behind her. A white man wearing an Armani suit tries manoeuvring past a young Latin American girl who stops suddenly to tie her laces. She turns around and in Spanish excuses. An Asian woman leaves the deli store hands in hands with her black boyfriend when suddenly a beggar imposes on them. He asks them in broken English and with an east European accent for a dime. Walking about in New York is as travelling around the globe. Skin colours, languages and clothes blends into one great hotchpotch gives one an contemporary description of New York with all its colourful streets and quarters provides an extract of the World. "

"A black woman bustles past with two children behind her. A white man, wearing an Armani suit, tries to maneuver pasta young Latina girl, who stops suddenly to tie her shoelaces. She turns around and excuses herself in Spanish. An asian woman leaves the deli, hand in hand with her black boyfriend, when suddenly, a beggar imposes on them. Having an eastern European accent, he asks them in broken English for a dime.

Walking around New York [City] is just like travelling around the world. Skin colors, languages and clothes blend into one great hodgepodge, giving a contemprary feel. New York, with all its colorful streets and sections, provides a sampling of the whole world."

I don't like this paragraph.. if I could paraphrase it for you as well I would, I don't like the way it's written, nor what they were trying to convey. I've done what I could, though. :)

-Nah-