jjoaquin is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Need help with SOP

In my SOP, I feel the need to address my previous academic woes. For the program i'm applying to requires a last year gpa of a b+. I glad to say, its higher . However my first 2 years is a different story, and my GPA was pretty bad (i don't even like talking about it) should I/how do I approach this in my SOP? Admissions will have my full transcript and I think I should address that.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Need help with SOP

Quote Originally Posted by jjoaquin View Post
    In my SOP, I feel the need to address my previous academic woes. For the program i'm applying to requires a last year gpa of a b+. I glad to say, its higher . However my first 2 years is a different story, and my GPA was pretty bad (i don't even like talking about it) should I/how do I approach this in my SOP? Admissions will have my full transcript and I think I should address that.
    Perhaps you should say something along the lines of,

As you can see from the improvement of my GPA in my final years studying at ____ compared to my first two years, I have exhibited growth and maturity which I hope to be able to continue while studying at _____.

In the blank spots, fill in the names of the institutions.

jjoaquin is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Need help with SOP

Quote Originally Posted by SeseinAsia View Post
    Perhaps you should say something along the lines of,

As you can see from the improvement of my GPA in my final years studying at ____ compared to my first two years, I have exhibited growth and maturity which I hope to be able to continue while studying at _____.

In the blank spots, fill in the names of the institutions.
    Thanks for the input, I think i`ll use this