Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: in or on

  1. #1
    jiang is offline Key Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • China
      • Current Location:
      • China
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    2,671
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default in or on

    Dear teachers,

    I came across the sentence 'In a rainy day.... '. Why isn't it written as 'on a rainy day'?

    Looking forward to hearing from you.

    Thank you in advance.

    Jiang

  2. #2
    TheMadBaron Guest

    Default Re: in or on

    It sounds wrong, but it's hard to say for sure without the context. Can you quote the whole sentence?

  3. #3
    jiang is offline Key Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • China
      • Current Location:
      • China
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    2,671
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: in or on

    Thanks for your reply.
    The whole sentence is "You shouldn't go out in a rainy day".
    Looking forward to hearing from you.
    Thank you in advance.
    Jiang
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMadBaron
    It sounds wrong, but it's hard to say for sure without the context. Can you quote the whole sentence?

  4. #4
    Tdol is offline Editor, UsingEnglish.com
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Philippines
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    43,116
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: in or on

    Quote Originally Posted by jiang
    Thanks for your reply.
    The whole sentence is "You shouldn't go out in a rainy day".
    Looking forward to hearing from you.
    Thank you in advance.
    Jiang
    I don't think the context makes it any more correct.

  5. #5
    jiang is offline Key Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • China
      • Current Location:
      • China
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    2,671
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: in or on


    Dear todl,
    Thank you very much for your reply. Now I see.

    Best wishes,

    Jiang
    Quote Originally Posted by tdol
    I don't think the context makes it any more correct.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •