Thread: sit on

Post Thanks / Like

sit on

One day I was watching TV,a lady on the show says that Ricky Martin was so stand out and attractive while he was on teen shows almost every day back in the days. Ricky Martin got her attention over other characters on that teen show(can't remember the name of this show)...blahblahblah..

Then she says,"I had to sit on Ricky Martin's face every night"

What does she really mean?

I looked up my dictionary for this pharasal verb "sit on sb", it's a colloquial thing meaning "repress". It doesn't make sense to me because the lady loves Ricky's pretty face and what makes her has to repress him. what does her possibly mean for what she says?

Would u pls explain about it? Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: sit on

Quote Originally Posted by amigo
    One day I was watching TV,a lady on the show says that Ricky Martin was so stand out and attractive while he was on teen shows almost every day back in the days. Ricky Martin got her attention over other characters on that teen show(can't remember the name of this show)...blahblahblah..

Then she says,"I had to sit on Ricky Martin's face every night"

What does she really mean?

I looked up my dictionary for this pharasal verb "sit on sb", it's a colloquial thing meaning "repress". It doesn't make sense to me because the lady loves Ricky's pretty face and what makes her has to repress him. what does her possibly mean for what she says?

Would u pls explain about it? Thank you.
    Based on the wee bit of context you've provided, I'd have to say that 'sit on [a picture/photo of] Ricky Martin's face' is used in a literal sense to refer to sexual gratification.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for your prompt explanation. I appreciate it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by amigo
    Thank you for your prompt explanation. I appreciate it.
    You're welcome.