chalk5 is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Macbeth(please read it!)

can you please proof read my essays? can you please fix mistakes, and things are akwward. And right use of quotings, and better vocabularies will be helpful. thank you so much

In Macbeth, a Shakespearean tragedy, Macbeth has worked through his evil plans to become the King of Scotland by murdering Duncan. Realizing his mistake of killing Duncan, Macbeth feels guilty, and quickly learns that he’s not safe. To save his kingship, and himself, Macbeth trusts only the witches, while he distrusts many others.
    Before the tragedy strikes in the play, both Banquo and Macbeth learn their fates from the witches. Knowing that Banquo’s children would be kings, not his, Macbeth quickly distrusts Banquo, and soon becomes his enemy. In Act Three, scene two, Macbeth says, “It is concluded. Banquo, thy soul’s flight, if it find heaven, must find it out tonight” (Lines 161-162). This shows that Macbeth’s distrust of Banquo soon led him to murder Banquo, once his best friend before he learned about the prophecies.
    From beginning of the play, Macbeth trusts Lady Macbeth’s plan to kill Duncan in his sleep. However, after his coronation, Macbeth’s paranoia of losing his kingship to Banquo’s children worsened. Soon enough, he even lost trust in Lady Macbeth as she asked what is to be done with Banquo. In Act Three, scene three, Macbeth says, “Be innocent of the knowledge, dearest chuck, till thou applaud the deed” (Lines 51-52). This shows that Macbeth’s trust in Lady Macbeth’s is poor due to his worsening paranoia.

Even though Macbeth distrusts many people, he has always trusted the weird sisters, or the three witches. In fact, his great trust in the witches’ prophecies led him wonder, and became greedy by killing Duncan. In Act Three, scene 4, Macbeth says to Lady Macbeth, “I will tomorrow to the Weird Sisters. More shall they speak, for now I am bent to know by the worst means of the worst” This shows that to learn how to secure his kingship, and to learn about the future, Macbeth goes to meet the Weird Sisiters.

English-coach is offline Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Canada
      • Current Location:
      • Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: Macbeth(please read it!)

In Macbeth, a Shakespearean tragedy, Macbeth works through his evil plan to become the King of Scotland by murdering Duncan. Realizing his mistake of killing Duncan, makes him feel guilty, and he quickly learns that he’s not safe. To save his kingship, and himself, Macbeth trusts only the witches, while loosing all trust for many others.

Before tragedy strikes in the play, both Banquo and Macbeth learn their fates from the witches. Knowing that Banquo’s children would be kings, not his, Macbeth quickly distrusts Banquo, and soon becomes his enemy. In Act Three, scene two, Macbeth says, “It is concluded. Banquo, thy soul’s flight, if it find heaven, must find it out tonight” (Lines 161-162). This shows that Macbeth’s distrust of Banquo would soon lead him to murder Banquo, his best friend before he learned of the prophecies.

From the beginning of the play, Macbeth trusts Lady Macbeth’s plan to kill Duncan in his sleep. However, after his coronation, Macbeth’s paranoia of losing his kingship to Banquo’s children worsened. Eventually, he even lost trust in Lady Macbeth as she asked what is to be done with Banquo. In Act Three, scene three, Macbeth states, “Be innocent of the knowledge, dearest chuck, till thou applaud the deed” (Lines 51-52). This shows that Macbeth’s trust in Lady Macbeth is poor due to his worsening paranoia.

Even though Macbeth distrusts many people, he has always trusted the weird sisters, or the three witches. In fact, his great trust in the witches’ prophecies led him to wonder, and become greedy by killing Duncan. In Act Three, scene 4, Macbeth says to Lady Macbeth, “I will tomorrow to the Weird Sisters. More shall they speak, for now I am bent to know by the worst means of the worst” This shows that to learn how to secure his kingship, and to learn about the future, Macbeth goes to meet the Weird Sisters.

I made some suggestions and word choice changes.
    Hope that helps.
    DIana
    http://www.helping-you-learn-english.com
    Last edited by English-coach; 25-Jan-2009 at 12:05.

Davian Breed is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Macbeth(please read it!)

Macbeth is a biggie – in terms of its importance in Shakespeare’s body of work as well as with respect to understanding the entire thing. There have been many a student and reader alike who has been stumped when trying to decipher and discuss the various themes and techniques working together in the play. If you need help with your paper on Macbeth, I would recommend you visit Shmoop. It’s a very cool site that even has an entire section on study questions and a novel approach to reading this masterpiece.

Raymott is offline VIP Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Australia
      • Current Location:
      • Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Macbeth(please read it!)

Quote Originally Posted by English-coach View Post
    In Macbeth, a Shakespearean tragedy, Macbeth works through his evil plan to become the King of Scotland by murdering Duncan. Realizing his mistake of killing Duncan, makes him feel guilty, and he quickly learns that he’s not safe. To save his kingship, and himself, Macbeth trusts only the witches, while loosing all trust for many others.

I'm sure this must be a typo.
    He may have lost trust. I doubt that he "loosed" it.
    I'll take this opportunity to remind learners (and teachers, apparently) that the present participle of "to lose" is "losing".