alien162 is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Please help me to correct my short essay

Between 1993 and 2003 Britain knew a vast process of immigration.
    Africa joined a very important role: 13 million people were permitted to enter Britain from black continent, 9 percent of all immigrants.
    London Police threw light on a pressing question concerning the phenomenon of African immigrants in Britain, what has been called " ritualistic abuse".
    With this term Scotland Yard indicated all a series of violences and tortures suffered by dozens of children of African origin accused of witchcraft by family and friends.
    A Metropolitan Police intelligence report identified 31 such cases in five years in London alone and of them only five led to charges.
    The main point of interest was to settle the extent of the problem and to this scope served the Project Violet set up by Scotland Yard.
    The following are the exact words Detective Superintendent Chris Bourlet, the head of Scotland Yard's Child Abuse Investigative Command, told the Sunday Telegraph: " We set up Project Violet after community groups came to us with their concerns over the extent of ritualistic abuse. We all care about our children and they were concerned that children were being harmed."
    At the same time he wanted to underline their real difficult in identifying the scale of problem and in approaching to this situation, a "hidden crime" that usually takes place in people's homes and as such hard to detect and investigate.
    Angola and the Democratic Republic of the Congo represent the two African countries in which ritualistic abuse is believed to be particularly prevalent.

alien162 is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Please help me to correct my short essay

Can give a watch on my essay please????It' very important.....

Searching for language is offline Senior Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • German
      • Home Country:
      • Germany
      • Current Location:
      • Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Please help me to correct my short essay

Quote Originally Posted by alien162 View Post
    Between 1993 and 2003 Britain experienced a big increase in immigration.

Africa played a very important role: 13 million people, 9 % of all immigrants were permitted to enter Britain from that continent.The London Police Department discovered a disturbing phenomenon of African immigrants in Britain, who were thought to be abusing children in various ritualistic ways. Scotland Yard investigated a series of violences and tortures suffered by dozens of children of African origin accused of witchcraft by family and friends.

A Metropolitan Police intelligence report identified 31 such cases in five years in London alone and of them, only five led to charges.
    The main point of interest was to investigate and settle the extent of the problem and to this end the Project Violet was set up by Scotland Yard.

The following quote from Detective Superintendent Chris Bourlet, the head of Scotland Yard's Child Abuse Investigative Command, as told to the Sunday Telegraph: "We set up Project Violet after community groups came to us with their concerns over the extent of ritualistic abuse. We all care about our children and we were concerned that children were being harmed."

At the same time he wanted to underline the real difficulty in identifying the scale of the problem and how to approach this situation, a "hidden crime" that usually takes place in people's homes and as such is hard to detect and investigate.

Angola and the Democratic Republic of the Congo represent the two African countries in which ritualistic abuse is believed to be particularly prevalent.

I am not a teacher.

I just re-read the original essay. You wrote 13 million people, 9 % of all immigrants surely that cannot be correct. It would mean that over 100 million people came into Britain in 10- years. Is the island sinking yet????
    Last edited by Searching for language; 19-Jan-2009 at 21:00. Reason: More information.