Post Thanks / Like

Smile We Met on a Tennis Court (A Story)

Could you correct these texts please?
    Thank you...

Every child must have strong basis to not be influenced by certain poisoned friends or relations. When I saw that girl for the first time, eight years ago, I knew that she would become one of my closed friends, maybe the closer one. By seeing her behaviour towards the others, I was certain that I would be great friend with her, Maude.
    In the middle of a balls field, I met that girl during a tennis lesson which was her first one. At that time, I must admit that she looked like a tomboy, but it is not still the case today. Our parents became cozy in no time by waiting us during our activity. Little by little, our friendship grew up. We spent more and more time together, and not only on a tennis court like it was the case at the beginning.
    During our grade four, after a tennis match opposing one against the other, our parents made us a unforgettable proposition: to register us to the Sport-Étude program for the next year. From that moment, we became closer than ever! Moreover we spent hours and hours on the tennis court together, we now went to the same school. On the other hand, because of our new tennis level reached thanks to our several training lessons, we travelled up and down Quebec to do some tournaments. To summarize, we were one with the other all week long. Thanks to that situation, I learned to know that girl under all her seams, completely.
    What proves that our friendship was and is always very strong is that, in spite of the fact that we chose a different high school program, we are still close today and one aspect of our respective life sees to it that we will never forget the other: our shared passion for tennis!

At that time, I was alone face such a frightened situation. I must take my respective place in that new world, the nursery school. I must have self-confidence to overcome my fears related with the unknown. Effectively, I didn't knew a single child in my class and I had to trust my instinct to make for the good ones. This way, I avoided certain potential problems.
    Luckily for me, I found, since the very first minutes of my school journey, somebody who carried on his face a beautiful smile. That smile went hand in hand with his shiny eyes and inspired faith to me. That person who seemed so attractive wore the name of Kim. She appeared to me like a lifebelt in that unknown sea. Her personality fitted with mine. The qualities of one filled the defects of the other and vice versa. We sponged off every moment we spent together during which we laughed until we cried. We shared the same vision of life, we represented souls mates but in his friendship version...
    In brief, we helped each other to get through the different difficulties which were open to take place in our existence. Without her presence in my life, I must admit that this particular period would represent a bigger obstacle to overcome.
    However, before we started our grade one after a marvellous summer spent outside to play from the sunrise to that fabulous show which represented sunset, her family and she decided to turn over a new leaf because her father heard, through the grapevine, that an interesting job was not made up in Quebec city. No longer after that decision, she left for the capital and since that day, I never see her shiny face again... When I still think to this dreary fact today, a bitter feeling of deception overcomes me: lost a loved one can not considered as an easy thing to forget.

I was, at that moment, six years old and I was about to meet somebody with who I would develop an important relationship, a particular one that I will never get twice in my life for sure. Like every child who was the same age as me, I was trying different activities to find which one was open to fit with my personality, my talents and my tastes. After soccer, ice skating and gymnastic, my parents didn't know anymore where they could register their dear daughter. That situation could be explained by my character which tended to be indecisive. Effectively, after spending a certain time to do the same thing, I became, every single time, to be bored about that sport and I claimed something different. This is to said that I grew tired quickly.
    However, that phenomenon didn't occur with tennis, maybe because of the attracted and unfamiliar colour of ball which represent an essential element of this sport (you can't play without this). By that shinny summer day, I lived my first tennis lesson with Alain, my coach at that period. Through his job, he could share his passion, become an example for those young people who saw him like a professional player although it was no the reality. He wanted to show us every little life pleasures, to prove us that life could be funny and enriching at the same time. His living joy was contagious, that aspect of his personality represented, for him, such a huge priority he hoped to pass on! Of course, Alain didn't failed once in their task. He always had shiny eyes, festive heart and happy soul! I will always remember the pleasure I felt that day by playing with a racket and by hitting balls. At first sight, Alain and I developed a special relationship, a friendly one. We shared the same personality and the same passion for tennis. He bore a peculiar energy which had a freshness wind effect in my young life. There was no shortage of opportunities to have a good laugh! As the years went by, I continued my progress in that fabulous sport with Alain who was not my trainer anymore because of my reached level. Therefore, never our friendship disappeared in spite of our age difference.
    For the time being, although he is now a police officer for Baie-Comeau, we stay in contact and every time he comes here, at Rimouski, we try to meet each other on a tennis court, our first meeting place!

RonBee is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

re: We Met on a Tennis Court (A Story)

Quote Originally Posted by EMAIL REMOVED - Send PM to This User Instead View Post

Every child must have strong basis to not be influenced by certain poisoned friends or relations.
    What are you trying to say?

Post Thanks / Like

Red face re: We Met on a Tennis Court (A Story)

Could you correct my texts quickly please? I really need help...

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I cannot make any suggestions about something I don't understand. (See my previous post.) However, if somebody has told you that he doesn't understand what you wrote he has given you valuable information.

Better simple sentences that are understandable than more complex sentences that are bewildering to the reader.

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EMAIL REMOVED - Send PM to This User Instead View Post
    When I saw that girl for the first time, eight years ago, I knew that she would become one of my closed friends, maybe the closer one. By seeing her behaviour towards the others, I was certain that I would be great friend with her, Maude.
    When I saw that girl for the first time eight years ago I knew that she would become one of my closest friends. After I saw how Maude acted towards others I was certain I wanted to be her friend.

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

In the middle of a balls field, I met that girl during a tennis lesson which was her first one.
    We met in the middle of a tennis court when we were both taking tennis lessons. (Her first.)

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

During our grade four, after a tennis match opposing one against the other, our parents made us a unforgettable proposition: to register us to the Sport-Étude program for the next year.
    We were both in fourth grade, and we had just finished a tennis match against each other. Our parents made us an unforgettable proposition: to register us in the Sport-Étude program for the next year.

From that moment, we became closer than ever! Moreover we spent hours and hours on the tennis court together, we now went to the same school.

From that moment on we became closer than ever. We spent hours and hours on the tennis court together, and we went to the same school.

On the other hand, because of our new tennis level reached thanks to our several training lessons, we travelled up and down Quebec to do some tournaments.

Our skill level had increased significantly, and we traveled up and down Quebec playing in tournaments.
    I learned to know that girl under all her seams, completely

That seems to suggest that you became intimate.