• Hindi
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India
    Post Thanks / Like

Default correction of passage.

Dear Teachers!
    I shall be highly thankful to you if you could spare some time from your busy schedule to go through the following letter and correct the errors. this is to appear in the school magazine as From The Principal's Desk. I hope you would oblige me.

From the Principal's Desk

It gives me immense pleasure to pen down some of my thoughts which through this column I can share with everyone especially those with whom I do not get to interact often. All of us sharing this magazine have one thing in common - the welfare of the JVM students, and in a wider perspective, that of today's youth.
    It makes one wonder how in a chaotic world of today, can the youth be given the right direction in taking up a stand that will benefit the country and the world. When the lone terrorist arrested for the Mumbai catastrophe is found to be only 21 years old, for that matter nearly all of these hardcore youngsters that this can be the way of life. It has often been cited that poor economic condition and unemployment is the reason for today's youth to be wayward. But recent surveys have given a very scary report - many of the spearheads of such actions are neither from poor economic background nor are unemployed. What do we do then - we who have takne up the mantle of creating a society that will help in the overall progress of the nation by bringing up the future, the generation next?
    We, teachers and parents, have this task before us. The onus lies with us to keep our young brigade moving in the right track. A big thing missing is the time we need to spend with our children either as teacher or as parent. Our responsibility does not and can not end by just doing what is expected of us. It has to go beyond that. A teacher cannot limit his or her interaction only within the classroom, a parent can not end his duty by providing the child basic needs. We have to keep in mind that this generation has far more exposure to the surroundings than its previous generation. We should interact with them keeping this in mind. Thorough examples to which they can related we have to clear their foggy mind and let them choose on their own the right and positive path or life. While in school we frame a curriculum that is more than text books, at home too the atmospher needs to encompass not only the immediate family but he extended one also.
    I once again thank the parents and the management of the school who have unquestiongly come by our side whenever we have requested them to. I am certain we together will send out into the world citizens who will be ideals to their future generations.

susiedqq is offline Key Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: correction of passage.

From the Principal's Desk

It gives me immense pleasure to share my thoughts through this column which I can share with everyone, especially those with whom I do not get to interact often. All of us sharing this magazine have one thing in common: the welfare of the JVM students and, in a wider perspective, that of today's youth.

It makes one wonder how, in today's chaotic world, can our youth be guided in the right direction so that they will take a stand which benefits the country and the world in the future. When we discover that the lone terrorist arrested for the Mumbai catastrophe is found to be only 21 years old, it troubles us. For nearly all of these hardcore youngsters, this kind of violent behavior has become a way of life.

It has often been cited that poor economic conditions and unemployment are the reasons that today's youth becomes wayward. But recent surveys give us a very scary report: many of the spearheads of such actions are neither from poor economic backgrounds nor unemployed. What do we - those who have taken up the mantle to educate - do to create a society that will help in the overall progress of the nation and for future generations?

We, the teachers and parents, have this task before us. The onus lies with us to keep our young brigade moving in the right direction. A big thing missing is the time we need to spend with our children, either as a teacher or as a parent. Our responsibility does not and can not end with simply doing what is expected of us. It must go beyond that. A teacher cannot limit his or her interaction only within the classroom. A parent cannot end his duty by providing only the basic needs to the child. We have to keep in mind that this generation has far more exposure to worldly surroundings than its previous generation. We should interact with them, always keeping this in mind. We can provide through example, so that they can related to us through experience, allowing them to choose their path of life. When in school, we must frame a curriculum that is more than text books for out children. At home, the atmosphere needs to encompass not only the immediate family but the extended one also.

I once again thank the parents and the management of the school who have provided support whenever requested. I am certain that we - together - will be able to send out into the world citizens who will become the ideal for future generations.

susiedqq is offline Key Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: correction of passage.