• Native Language:
      • Finnish
      • Home Country:
      • Finland
      • Current Location:
      • Europe
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Need help ASAP

OK this is my speech and essay(it must last 5min so it can't long) so I want to know how many mistakes I have made. I need help ASAP, because I need to practice the speech with my partner. Thank you so much in advance :)

Winter War

We are going to tell you about the famous Finnish war, the winter war.
    Soviet Union attacked independed Finland, because Soviet Union and Nazi Germany made a pact, Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact, where those two nations divined East-Europe and Finland was meant for Soviet Union by force.
    Soviet Union needed a reason to attack Finland, so they staged the famous shelling of Mainila, where Soviet Union blamed Finland for attacking Mainila. Winter war began on 30th of November on 1939 when
    Finland was totaly outnumbered, by men and weapons. Soviet Union had lots of guns, 1 000 000 men, 3000 tanks and 3800 airplanes, Finland had 250 000 men, 30 tanks and 130 airplanes.
    They thought conquering Finland would be just like walking in the park, but it sure wasen't. Finnish people didn't want to give them anything without a fight.
    Finland had fast ski troops wich could blend in the view with their white camouflage suits and they knew where they could ambush Soviet troops and this tactic was called ”motti”. It was realy effective and took out many many Soviet soldiers. Also Finns had will to fight for their homeland.
    After 5 months of fierce battle Finland and Soviet Union made peace. Finland had to give Karelia, Kalastajansaarento and Salla to the Soviet Union.
    We all know, or atleast SHOULD know that the peace didn't last long...

Anglika is offline No Longer With Us
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Need help ASAP

Quote Originally Posted by J.T View Post
    OK this is my speech and essay(it must last 5min so it can't long) so I want to know how many mistakes I have made. I need help ASAP, because I need to practice the speech with my partner. Thank you so much in advance :)

Winter War

Soviet Union attacked independed Finland, because Soviet Union and Nazi Germany made a pact, Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact, where those two nations divined East-Europe and Finland was meant for Soviet Union by force.
    Soviet Union needed a reason to attack Finland, so they staged the famous shelling of Mainila, where Soviet Union blamed Finland for attacking Mainila. Winter war began on 30th of November on 1939 when
    Finland was totaly outnumbered, by men and weapons. Soviet Union had lots of guns, 1 000 000 men, 3000 tanks and 3800 airplanes, Finland had 250 000 men, 30 tanks and 130 airplanes.
    They thought conquering Finland would be just like walking in the park, but it sure wasen't. Finnish people didn't want to give them anything without a fight.
    Finland had fast ski troops wich could blend in the view with their white camouflage suits and they knew where they could ambush Soviet troops and this tactic was called ”motti”. It was realy effective and took out many many Soviet soldiers. Also Finns had will to fight for their homeland.
    After 5 months of fierce battle Finland and Soviet Union made peace. Finland had to give Karelia, Kalastajansaarento and Salla to the Soviet Union.
    We all know, or atleast SHOULD know that the peace didn't last long...
    The xxxx Pact
    The Soviet Union

red highlights - check your spellings or usage. Beware of overly colloquial usage.

J.T is offline Newbie
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Finnish
      • Home Country:
      • Finland
      • Current Location:
      • Europe
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Need help ASAP

Is this ok now?

Winter War

The Soviet Union attacked independent because the Soviet Union and Nazi Germany made a pact, the Molotov-Ribbentrop pact, where those two nations divined East-Europe and Finland was meant for Soviet Union by force.
    The Soviet Union needed a reason to attack Finland, so they staged the famous shelling of Mainila, where The Soviet Union blamed Finland for attacking Mainila. Winter war began on 30th of November on 1939 when
    Finland was totally outnumbered, by men and weapons. The Soviet Union had lots of guns, 1 000 000 men, 3000 tanks and 3800 airplanes, Finland had 250 000 men, 30 tanks and 130 airplanes.
    They thought conquering Finland would be just like walking in the park, but it sure wasn't. Finnish people didn't want to give them anything without a fight.
    Finland had fast ski troops which could blend in the view with their white camouflage suits and they knew where they could ambush Soviet troops and this tactic was called ”motti”. It was very effective and took out many many Soviet soldiers. Also Finns had will to fight for their homeland.

Finland got support from many countries and they sent volunteers.
    After 5 months of fierce battle Finland and the Soviet Union made peace. Finland had to give Karelia, Kalastajansaarento and Salla to the Soviet Union.
    This war had alot of casulties, Finland lost 26 662, 39 886 wounded, but the Soviets lost alot of men 126 875 died or missing and 264 908 wounded, they also lost 2 268 tanks.
    We all know, or at least SHOULD know that the peace didn't last for long...
    Last edited by J.T; 20-Jan-2009 at 20:02.