1. Unregistered

correct me please..

Standing quietly beside a tall green tree which was beginning to shed its leaves, Josh surveyed his surroundings. He was breathing heavily like an animal that had just returned from a chase. The wood around was very thick and menacing, it was as if the trees had arms because of their leafless long branches. The midday sun peeped from behind the canopy of trees. The brown leaves formed a blanket on the ground. The only sound that could be heard was the slow rippling of a nearby stream as it flows towards its destination. In a nearby tree, two lizards scurried along the branches in a frightening manner. Slowly, Josh kept repeating to himself; I hope Im safe, I hope nothing is going to happen to me.

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • German
      • Home Country:
      • Germany
      • Current Location:
      • Canada

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: correct me please..

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Standing quietly beside a tall green tree which was beginning to shed its leaves, Josh surveyed his surroundings. He was breathing heavily like an animal that had just returned from a chase. The wood around was very thick and menacing, it was as if the trees had arms because of their leafless long branches. The midday sun peeped from behind the canopy of trees. The brown leaves formed a blanket on the ground. The only sound that could be heard was the slow rippling of a nearby stream as it flows towards its destination. In a nearby tree, two lizards scurried along the branches in a frightening manner. Slowly, Josh kept repeating to himself; I hope Im safe, I hope nothing is going to happen to me.
    I am not a teacher.

But, I think your essay is very good, descriptive and interesting. I can imagine Josh's concerns as I read. If this is the start of a book/story, I would be interested in reading more.

There is one mistake that I can see. wood around was should be either the forest around was or the woods around were.

The word wood means cut pieces of trees, and woods/forest means the whole area!