• Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • China
      • Current Location:
      • China
    Post Thanks / Like

Question your review please.

When you take out travel insurance, you usually just accept the little form which the clerk pushes across the counter. You fill it all [1] out, make out a cheque and, [2] then return, you receive a thin sheet of paper with very small print. But nobody ever expects that anything could really [3] go wrong. It always [4] happens to someone else! Well, my family is that someone else!

I [5] would never forget the phone call from my daughter who was [6] on holiday abroad. It began, “Mummy, something awful’s happened.” Her hotel room [7] had been burgled and all her luggage stolen. Fortunately, she was insured and she reported the matter [8] to the police at the time. The insurance company; however, wanted not only the police reported, [9] but also receipts for everything stolen [10] which they would recognize her claim. [11] Seen nearly all her clothes were from a chain store, we had no receipts. Other items stolen had [12] been gifts-a camera from her grandparents two years [13] ago, a necklace from her boyfriend. It took [14] about nearly three months of writing letters to get any offer from the company at all.

A fight like this teaches you one very important lesson-before you take out insurance, make [15] sure you read the small print!

I tried as hard as I could to make him change his mind. =
    (best)
    I tried my best to make him change his mind

So exercise taken regularly improves the fitness (fit) of your body and of your mind.

My parents don’t like me to stay out late at night.
    (disapprove)
    My parents disapprove of my stay (disapprove of me to stay) out late at night.

Anglika is offline No Longer With Us
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: your review please.

Quote Originally Posted by sio View Post
    When you take out travel insurance, you usually just accept the little form which the clerk pushes across the counter. You fill it all [1] out, make out a cheque and, [2] then in return, you receive a thin sheet of paper with very small print. But nobody ever expects that anything could really [3] go wrong. It always [4] happens to someone else! Well, my family is that someone else!

I [5] would will; never forget the phone call from my daughter who was [6] on holiday abroad. It began, “Mummy, something awful’s happened.” Her hotel room [7] had been burgled and all her luggage stolen. Fortunately, she was insured and she reported the matter [8] to the police at the time. The insurance company; however, wanted not only the police reported, [9] but also receipts for everything stolen [10] which before they would recognize her claim. [11] Seen Since/Because nearly all her clothes were from a chain store, we had no receipts. Other items stolen had [12] been gifts-a camera from her grandparents two years [13] ago, a necklace from her boyfriend. It took [14] about nearly three months of writing letters to get any offer from the company at all.

A fight like this teaches you one very important lesson-before you take out insurance, make [15] sure you read the small print!

I tried as hard as I could to make him change his mind. =
    (best)
    I tried my best to make him change his mind

So exercise taken regularly improves the fitness (fit) of your body and of your mind.

My parents don’t like me to stay out late at night.
    (disapprove)
    My parents disapprove of my staying out late at night.
    Very nearly all correct!