• Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • China
      • Current Location:
      • China
    Post Thanks / Like

Question error analysis

Error Analysis

I have a few hours’ sleep when I get to our destination.
    Is this sentence correct or I should take out ‘to’ ?

I know I am going to feel tired when I get up to the other end after a busy night’s flight and very little sleep. My opinion, I should remove the word ‘busy’, shouldn’t I?

The disappearance of Amelia, the American airwoman, is one of the world’s unsolved (solve) mysteries.

In 1975, the ‘Sowa’ ran aground near Singapore. Those salvage ships could reach her she had lost 3,000 tonnes of oil.

When she was at the height (high) of her fame, she came under increasing pressure(press) from the public to go on to even great achievement (achieve)and, in 1937, she decided to try to fly around the equator.

Sensors are available to help (assist, allow, help, enable) the robot locate object and avoid obstacles.

For a long time the only people who really showed (took, gave, did, showed) the problem their attention were amateur inventors. And they came up for(to, for, against, on) a major difficulty.

bhaisahab is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Retired English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • England
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: error analysis

Quote Originally Posted by sio View Post
    Error Analysis

I will have a few hours’ sleep when I get to our destination.
    Is this sentence correct or I should take out ‘to’ ?

I know I am going to feel tired when I get up to the other end after a busy night’s flight and very little sleep. My opinion, I should remove the word ‘busy’, shouldn’t I? It depends, if you are going to be working during the flight it should stay.

The disappearance of Amelia, the American airwoman, is one of the world’s unsolved (solve) mysteries.

In 1975, the ‘Sowa’ ran aground near Singapore.Before salvage ships could reach her she had lost 3,000 tonnes of oil.

When she was at the height (high) of her fame, she came under increasing pressure(press) from the public to go on to even great achievements (achieve)and, in 1937, she decided to try to fly around the equator.

Sensors are available to help (assist, allow, help, enable) the robot locate object and avoid obstacles.

For a long time the only people who really gave (took, gave, did, showed) the problem their attention were amateur inventors. And they came up against (to, for, against, on) a major difficulty.
    Bhai