• Post Thanks / Like

Please correct my letter of interst

I have written this letter to show my interest in a particular field to get post for PhD. If any body can correct the grammatic mistakes.
    Thank you for conciderations

My interest in electronics is back from my childhood, when all of my fun with my electronic toys was to just open them to disclose the mystery making them run. Although some of them, I could not get back but this curiosity took me forward to an Engineering Program one day.
    I did my Masters in Electronics from University xyz, a well-known and top ranked research Institute in country abc. Where I studied fundamentals of digital and analog electronic system design, communication systems and theory, network analysis, micro controller based design, computer programming, digital design using Verilog HDL, signal and systems, digital signal processing. While doing my studies here, I find Micro controller Based Design and Digital Design using Verilog as most fascinating subjects to me and hence got my way to my goals through embedded designing.
    After completing my education from country abc I moved to Sweden in 2007 to get more advanced learning and vibrant research. The Masters program in Electronics Design from xyz University provided me a platform in true sense to quench my thirst of learning Embedded Designing leading me towards the smart environments deployed with Wireless Sensors Networks. Here I got opportunity to study more about Digital Design, Embedded Design, Wireless Network Design, Applied Sensor Technology and Measurement Systems. Apart from theoretical course study, I did semester projects including a task to design a low power Wireless camera with Zigbee connectivity. During this project I studied a number of articles, research studies and implemented works in the field of WSN and Smart Environments focusing on issues and challenges in this field like resource management, interoperability and seamless connectivity.
    For the final thesis work, I got opportunity to take park in the project “SIS”, a sub project of EU “CC” project in XYZ Company. The goal of the project “SIS” is to develop a platform to study the integration of sensor technology, embedded systems and multi radio communication technologies with seamless connectivity mechanism to improve the quality of care for infants, primarily in in-car and secondary in in-home and anywhere scenarios. In this project I was given the task to implement and integrate the various sub systems including the multimedia streaming server, multi radio communication interfaces and UPnP enabled gateway to expose the multimedia and sensor devices as services to IP based networks.
    In my latest work with SiS, my major job revolves around limited spaces like car and home environments, mostly dealing with short range technologies like Zigbee, Bluetooth and Wi-Fi. In future I want to extend my research and study focus to larger spaces like smart roads and smart city.
    Advances in sensor technologies, Consumer Electronics and short and long range connectivity technologies are highly significant but the convergence of these technologies at a platform can serve the humanity and society in more magical way. And I want to pursue my work to PhD to gain highly specialized knowledge and expertise in this field. I envision ABC project as a perfect platform to carry on my struggle for the best research and learning leading to my goals to be a smart scientist. Additionally I like CITY, a well known city for in the world of technology and birthplace of COMPANY. I am enjoying my professional, technical and social life while living here. I got many friends in University and during my visits to University I have analyzed that it is one of most dynamic universities which provide personal attention, strong academic and research resources along with superior research profile of the faculty. So I am certain to say it is an appropriate place for me with all aspects.
    In the long term, I would like to be involved in work at the cutting edge of technology and hopefully contribute to industrial research and development. It is in industry that I believe I can make the greatest contribution, utilizing my knowledge and creativity as a scientist.

• Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Please correct my letter of interst

My interest in electronics is back from my childhood, when all of my fun with my electronic gadgets (toys) was to just open them to disclose the mystery of how they work and make them work. Although some of them, I could not get back but this curiosity took me forward to an engineering program one day.
    I did my masters in electronics from University xyz, a well-known and top ranked research institute in country abc. Where I studied fundamentals of digital and analog electronics system design, communication systems and theory, network analysis, micro controller based design, computer programming, digital design using Verilog HDL, signal and systems, digital signal processing. While doing my studies here, I find Micro controller Based Design and Digital Design using Verilog as one of the most fascinating subjects and hence got my way to my goals through embedded designing.
    After completing my education from country abc I moved to Sweden in 2007 to get more advanced learning and vibrant research. The masters program in Electronics Design from xyz University provided me a platform to quench my thirst of learning Embedded Designing. This led me towards the smart environments deployed with Wireless Sensors Networks. Here I got opportunity to study more about Digital Design, Embedded Design, Wireless Network Design, Applied Sensor Technology and Measurement Systems. Apart from theoretical course study, I did semester projects including a task to design a low power Wireless camera with Zigbee connectivity. During this project I studied numerous articles, research studies and implemented works in the field of WSN and Smart Environments focusing on issues and challenges in this field like resource management, interoperability and seamless connectivity.
    For the final thesis work, I got opportunity to take park in the project “SIS”, a sub project of EU “CC” project in XYZ Company. The goal of “SIS” project is to develop a platform to study the integration of sensor technology, embedded systems and multi radio communication technologies with seamless connectivity mechanism to improve the quality of care for infants, primarily in in-car and secondly in in-home and other relevant applications. In this project I was given the task to implement and integrate the various sub systems including the multimedia streaming server, multi radio communication interfaces and UPnP enabled gateway to expose the multimedia and sensor devices as services to IP based networks.
    In my latest work with SIS, my major job revolves around limited applications like car and home environments, mostly dealing with short range technologies like Zigbee, Bluetooth and Wi-Fi. In future I want to extend my research and focus my studies on large spaces like smart roads and city.
    Advances in sensor technologies, Consumer Electronics and short and long range connectivity technologies are highly significant but the convergence of these technologies can serve the humanity and society in more magical way. And I want to pursue my PhD research to gain highly specialized knowledge and expertise in this field. I envision ABC project as a platform to carry on my studies and research and achieve my goal to be a scholar in this field. Additionally I like this well known CITY, a home of world of technologies and birthplace of the COMPANY. I will enjoy my professional, technical and social life while living here. I got many friends in University and during my visits to University I have observed that it is one of the most dynamic universities which provide personal attention, strong academic and research resources along with superior research profile of the faculty.

In the long term, I would like to be involved in the cutting edge technology and contribute to industrial research and development. I firmly believe that after my Ph. D, I can make the great contribution to the industry.

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: Please correct my letter of interst

Try:
    My interest in electronics goes back to my childhood when I liked to take electronic gadgets apart to find out how they work. I was frequently disappointed when I couldn't put them back together so they would work, but that curiosity did lead me to want to become an engineer.

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

• Post Thanks / Like

Hey, you didn't space between paragraphs.

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

• Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bluesmoke View Post

Where I studied fundamentals of digital and analog electronic system design, communication systems and theory, network analysis, micro controller based design, computer programming, digital design using Verilog HDL, signal and systems, digital signal processing.
    That needs a verb. (It's not a sentence.)

Make sure every sentence has a verb.

• Post Thanks / Like

Thanks RonBee and Caldmat for the corrections and suggestions

• Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RonBee View Post
    That needs a verb. (It's not a sentence.)

Make sure every sentence has a verb.

Hi RonBee please can you explain your suggestion. I mean what should I add in that sentence to make it correct.

Is "studied" not a verb???

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

• Post Thanks / Like

Re:
    Where I studied fundamentals of digital and analog electronic system design, communication systems and theory, network analysis, micro controller based design, computer programming, digital design using Verilog HDL, signal and systems, digital signal processing.
    Take out "Where" (and put "and" after the last comma) and you have a real sentence. Otherwise it's a dependent clause (and a very long one at that) looking for an independent clause to attach itself to.

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

• Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bluesmoke View Post

I did my Masters in Electronics from University xyz, a well-known and top ranked research Institute in country abc.
    I earned my Master's in Electronics at XYZ University, a well-known and top-ranked research institute in ABC (country).