djfunny007 is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation fault

hi there,

could somebody please help me?
    i need to sent letter to the Homeoffice saying that i got my examination results from my current diploma course now as i did not received it beforehand at time of making my applications.

summary : i have taken only 3 subjects out of 4 subjects and my project. i have successfully passed those 3 papers and i am studying the last module of that course at the moment and doing the project work. i will be sitting my last paper examination in jun 09 and submit my project shortly. in July 09, i will received my complete diploma certificate.

i also want to add very briefly that i had my spinal surgeries before i could not perform to my optimum performance (i had failed in my previous course due to spinal surgery i have resit and pass the exams), now i am recovering gradually and doing my my best to pass all my exams with flying colors.

letter aim: to submit my examination results and supporting information (if necessary)
    Last edited by djfunny007; 16-Feb-2009 at 23:04. Reason: fault

English-coach is offline Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Canada
      • Current Location:
      • Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Urgent:Letter to UK Border Agency (HOme Office)

Hello,

First of all I hope you are doing better. Spinal surgery is serious buisness.

As for your letter this is important. You have not given all the information to the visa officials and this could be pretty serious. Your best best is to write a letter, including photocopies of ALL the medical records and documentation that is important and send it ASAP. What you can do is reference the photocopies in your letter.You might even concider calling. (I don't know how serious this is).

Here are a couple suggestions to get you started. Try to write the letter and then post it again so we can try to help you more.

**THIS IS JUST AN EXAMPLE...YOU NEED TO PERSONALIZE IT AND MAKE IT CORRECT!** don't jsut copy and paste!!!!

To whom it may concern,

I regret to inform you that I have failed to comply with the rules set out by __________ (the home office or visa agency). I applied for my visa when I was working towards ____degree at -----university. After paying all my fees and registring with that university, ------university closed down.

As a result I enrolled in ------ Universty program...DATE. I was not aware that I should have informed the home office of this change at that time. I have been informed of this requirement and this is the purpose of this letter.

I reget to inform you that this occured twice more, due to serious illness (STATE ILLNESS HERE). (Explain what happened, like you did here in the forum...be direct and honest.)

I would also like to take this opportunity to clarify why there was a gap of ----(time) between my studies. This also was due to my (state illness). Due to **(number) of spinal surgeries and long recover periods I was unable to enroll and study.

My visa has expired (give date and info) and (tell them what you want to do...do you want to renew it? etc)

My appologies for not providing this information at the correct moment.

Please see attached medical records for more details.

Thank you for your understanding
    Sincerely,

Please remember that this is just an example and is NOT complete. I would feel aweful if you copied and pasted it and sent it. You need to add information and change it to suit your situation. OK!!!

Best of luck!
    Diana
    LEARN ENGLISH BY USING IT: ANSWERS & MOTIVATION FOR ANY ENGLISH LEARNER

Anglika is offline No Longer With Us
    Post Thanks / Like

Go to the university's offices as soon as possible and ask for their advice and assistance. This is not something that should be left to chance.

Post Thanks / Like

xxx
    Last edited by djfunny007; 02-Feb-2009 at 21:58.

English-coach is offline Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Canada
      • Current Location:
      • Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

First of all I agree with Angelika...you should speak directly with the office concerned and not wait. I might suggest calling...explaining the situation and once you know more THEN send a letter.

In the mean time I have revised your letter again.

Take Care,
    Diana
    <hr>

Quote Originally Posted by djfunny007 View Post
    To whom it may concern,

With reference to the new FLR(s) application form, version 11/2008 section 5 note 3, I regret to inform you that I have failed to notify the home office of several changes in my planned course of study, during the last three years. I applied for my visa when I was working towards my Bachelor of business administration at 'X' university. After paying all my fees and registering with that university, 'X' university has unexpectedly closed down.

As a result I enrolled in the program at 'Y' Universty program on the 2nd of March, 2006. I was not aware that I should have informed the home office of this change at that time. I have been informed of this requirement and this is the purpose of this letter, to update the home office.

I regret to inform you that this has occured twice more, due to illness. I have been unable walk due to the spinal nerve compressing on my spinal cord. I have had three spinal surgery since March 2005 and have been in and out hospital since now and then. I am also taking medication for depression. i am depressed, stressed and currently under anti-depressing tablets.
    I would also like to take this opportunity to clarify why there was a gap of six months between my studies. This was also due to the spinal nerve compressing on my spinal cord. Due to three spinal surgeries and long recover periods, I was unable to enroll and study.

I would like to extend my student visa, if possible, and continue studying my degree, while meeting the rules and regulations of the immigration office.

My appologies for not providing this information at the correct time.

Please see my attached medical records for more details.

Thank you for your understanding
    Sincerely,

dj

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by English-coach View Post
    First of all I agree with Angelika...you should speak directly with the office concerned and not wait. I might suggest calling...explaining the situation and once you know more THEN send a letter.

In the mean time I have revised your letter again.

Take Care,
    Diana
    <hr>
    hi there,

could somebody please help me?
    i need to sent letter to the Homeoffice saying that i got my examination results from my current diploma course now as i did not received it beforehand at time of making my applications.

summary : i have taken only 3 subjects out of 4 subjects and my project. i have successfully passed those 3 papers and i am studying the last module of that course at the moment and doing the project work. i will be sitting my last paper examination in jun 09 and submit my project shortly. in July 09, i will received my complete diploma certificate.

i also want to add very briefly that i had my spinal surgeries before i could not perform to my optimum performance (i had failed in my previous course due to spinal surgery i have resit and pass the exams), now i am recovering gradually and doing my my best to pass all my exams with flying colors.

letter aim: to submit my examination results and supporting information (if necessary)

Post Thanks / Like

I repeat my advice: go to the University Offices and get their help as soon as possible. You are unlikely to be the first [or last] student who has this problem and they will know the best way to deal with it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Anglika View Post
    I repeat my advice: go to the University Offices and get their help as soon as possible. You are unlikely to be the first [or last] student who has this problem and they will know the best way to deal with it.
    they are not willing to help until i have clear my outstanding fees.

Post Thanks / Like

If that will break your deadlock, then how about doing it?