These are a few questions from the university application, I would really appreciate if someone can help me by reviewing them and telling me if what I have written is good enough to be submitted.

1.Tell us about an activity that is important to you, and why.

“No matter what heights your reach in life, do not ever forget your roots”, these were the words said to me by my father right before I boarded the flight to US. Being a volunteer at the Hindu Temple to plan cultural and charity events and teach language (Hindi) classes on every Sunday at 3 p.m. for the two years has been an essential activity for me. It give me immense pleasure to watch the six to nine year olds who started learning Hindi by saying “It’s so hard”, now help their friends to understand it. Being an active member of the temple gives me an opportunity to meet my friends and stay connected to the Indian customs. It also helps me stay grounded and gives me a chance to acquaint the younger generation with the rich Indian culture.

2. Describe your academic interests and how you plan to pursue them at USC.
Having studied business applications of computer programming for two years; towards the end of high school, I was researching and trying to find a major that would best suite my interests and career aspirations. I wanted to get the knowledge of a rigorous computer science curriculum with fundamental topics from management all in the same degree. At the same time I wanted to attain the basic knowledge of the legal aspects of a business. Thus, a degree in Computer science/business administration with a minor in Business law became my ideal education plan. USC has one of the nation’s best Business administration programs and I certainly would like to be a part of it. I am also looking forward to join the Asian American Business Association and Business and Engineering Coalition organizations at USC.