Unregistered Guest

Exclamation writing a formal letter

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello! My name is Ciara and I am a second year student nurse in university. As part of our 2nd year course we have to do a 3 week placement in any Irish hospital. I chose the nursing home its private and only 3 minutes walk from my house. So to organise my placement in this nursing home I have to write a letter to nursing director and ask them if i can work with them for 3 weeks in their nursing home.

I really got stuck because i dont know how to write a formal and to the standart letter to a nursing director.

can anyone help me please!!!!!!!!

svartnik is offline Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: writing a formal letter

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello! My name is Ciara and I am a second year student nurse in university. As part of our 2nd year course we have to do a 3 week placement in any Irish hospital. I chose the nursing home its private and only 3 minutes walk from my house. So to organise my placement in this nursing home I have to write a letter to nursing director and ask them if i can work with them for 3 weeks in their nursing home.

I really got stuck because i dont know how to write a formal and to the standart letter to a nursing director.

can anyone help me please!!!!!!!!
    Dear Sir or Madam,

MY name is ... I am ... student ... doing a course in ...
    As part of the course we have to ...
    Your hospital came to mind first. I am currently living across the street from the hospital. Because of the proximity, I could be at your disposal as and when required.
    I look forward to working for you.
    Waiting for your soonest reply.

Yours faithfully,

xyz

Do not draw out your letter and pack with unnecessary info. Be short and to the point.